Bush Vs Kerry

DudeAsInCool

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just voted for every democrat I could find on my ballot...along with the rest of the fruits and nuts in my state.   No one was there to intimidate my vote - if anyone had, I threatened to join the NRA   :lol:  

We at the NRA could use another member, do need an application??? :bigsmile:

I had to wait an hour and a half to vote. I couldnt get off work early and had to go at 5:00pm. Next year its an absentee ballot for me, I just dont need the hassle of the crowds.

I hope Bush wins, it wont be by a landslide though thats for sure. :good job:

post-91-1099449757.gif

Edited by MxRob

President Electoral votes: 27 | FULL RESULTS | EXIT POLL

Candidate Votes % of votes

George W. Bush (REP)* 2,504,312 53%

John F. Kerry (DEM) 2,220,458 47%

Ralph Nader (IND) 21,332 0%

65% of precincts reporting

U.S. Senate | EXIT POLL

No Exit

The exit polls force Bush to thread the needle.

By William Saletan

Posted Tuesday, Nov. 2, 2004, at 6:09 PM PT

Nov. 2, 6:08 PT: We can't be sure how far tonight's returns will ultimately vary from the late-afternoon exit-poll numbers (see this "Press Box"). But with that understood, let's talk about what the numbers mean, if true, for the electoral map.

Bush gets to 189 electoral votes with no problem. Assuming he takes Virginia, he's at 202. With Missouri, where he's 5 points up in the exit polls, he's at 213. Now he needs Colorado. I never took this state seriously as a problem for him, but the afternoon numbers suggest it might be: He's up just a point there. Let's assume he takes it. Now he's at 222.

At this point, he has run out of states where he's leading in the exit polls, and he's still looking for a combination of 47 electoral votes to get him to 269. (He wins in the House if it's a tie.) The next best shots are Nevada and Iowa, where he's down a point. Let's say he takes them, too. Now he's at 234, still 35 electoral votes away—and he has run out of states where he's trailing by a single point. He'll have to start winning in places where he's trailing by two.

How about New Mexico? Let's give him that. Now he's at 239, but that's still not enough to win the election even if Florida comes around. He'll have to capture the other state where he's down two in the exit polls: Ohio. It seems a bit unfair, making him win a state with 20 electoral votes just to get the three he needs for a tie. Wouldn't it be easier to package Florida or Ohio with Wisconsin? Either combination gets him to 269 or beyond, so let's try that. Colorado plus Nevada plus Iowa plus New Mexico plus Wisconsin plus either Ohio or Florida.

For those of you doing the math at home, that's a Bush sweep of five states where the exit polls have him trailing, without losing a single state in which he leads. In three of those states, Bush's winning scenario requires the exit polls to be at least two points off. In Wisconsin, it requires the exit polls to be at least three points off.

And it gets uglier from there. Because if even one of these breaks doesn't go Bush's way, there is no remaining state on the board in which he trails by less than six in the exit polls. Bush can win this thing, but he'll need a lot of luck. More than he'll get, if you ask me.

http://www.slate.com/id/2109079/

MSNBC exit poll indicates that the youth did not vote. The 18-29 bracked voted the same this year as in 2000, while 30-44 group was down.

How ironic...the age group which stands to lose the most from the Bush administration being reelected stayed away from the polls and allowed it to happen.

MSNBC exit poll indicates that the youth did not vote. The 18-29 bracked voted the same this year as in 2000, while 30-44 group was down.

How ironic...the age group which stands to lose the most from the Bush administration being reelected stayed away from the polls and allowed it to happen.

Yea, my two hours in line to vote means that nobody in my age bracket voted.....

Does that make sense? No.

We fucking voted.

The turnout here was incredible.

Yes, everyone that voted where I went was in the age bracket in question.

The line was damned long.

That pisses me off.

We didn't vote? Bullshit.

MSNBC exit poll indicates that the youth did not vote. The 18-29  bracked voted the same this year as in 2000, while 30-44 group was down.

Yea, my two hours in line to vote means that nobody in my age bracket voted.....

Does that make sense? No.

We fucking voted.

The turnout here was incredible.

Yes, everyone that voted where I went was in the age bracket in question.

The line was damned long.

That pisses me off.

We didn't vote? Bullshit.

you're right potato...not much of this does make sense. Since I saw that MSNBC report, I've researched many blogs and the reactions were the same as yours....all say the young people DID turn out, although there seemed to be many, many reports of college students being challenged on their ballots and having to use provisional ballots which may or may not be allowed in the totals. Perhaps the news media and the pollsters, who stated as fact that young votes skewed heavily toward Kerry, were totally off base and overstated Kerry's support drastically. Bottom line is that I've seen too many reports of college students braving long lines, just as you did, to believe they were the cause of the Kerry collapse.

One thing is for sure....the exit polls were once again proven to be worthless.

Time for me to hit the sack, but I don't think I'm going to miss any miracle comeback by Kerry while I sleep...his lead looks safe with about 20% of Ohio left to tally, then it'll be all over.

The really sad part of this is that the Bush administration will now feel like they have a mandate to do anything they want, anywhere in the world. Bush will have his 8 year stretch in and Dick Cheney isn't going to run in 2008, so they're going to be free to do what they want...the voters support their aggression, the media fears criticizing them and the Congress will be their jump monkeys. There will always be toadies like Tony Blair to throw in with the USA, hoping for some crumbs of respect from King George, when we invade somebody...and there will always be targets to go after. Look out Iran and Syria or anybody else who crosses our path. George thinks God will protect us and our allies from any harm.

I don't feel I was the cause of the Kerry collapse. I feel that there are stupid idiots saying that people in my age group didn't vote. Yes, I know people that didn't vote. I know waaaaaaaaaay more people that did vote than didn't. I know I stuck it out in a stupidly long line to vote. Damn near missed dinner for it. Missed cramming for a test too.

No Exits

Now it's Kerry who has to thread the needle.

By William Saletan

Updated Tuesday, Nov. 2, 2004, at 9:43 PM PT

9:33 p.m. PT: That proviso about the exit polls matching the returns is looking quite a bit more important now than it did three hours ago. Bush has Florida and Colorado in the bag. All scenarios for a Kerry victory now require Ohio.

Kerry led 51-49 in the Ohio exit poll this afternoon. But he also led 51-49 in the Florida exit poll, and we've seen what happened there. Nationwide, the exit polls had Kerry up 51-48. But with 80 million votes counted already, it's Bush who has a 51-48 lead. So at this point, the exit polls are at best meaningless. Or worse, if you're a Democrat, the six-point gap between what the exit polls predicted for Kerry nationally and what the returns show so far means that in Ohio, a two-point lead for Kerry in the exit poll foreshadows a Bush win by as many as four points.

In New Mexico, two-thirds of the precincts have reported, and it doesn't look good for Kerry: He's down 51-48. So even if he takes Iowa, where he's now leading with two-thirds of the vote tallied, he'll have to win either Nevada, which has just begun counting, or Wisconsin. In Wisconsin, he's hanging on to a 14,000-vote lead—that's a single percentage point—with half the precincts reporting. If Kerry holds that lead in Wisconsin and closes what is now a 120,000-vote Bush lead in Ohio, he's the next president. Or if he holds his lead in Iowa and picks off Nevada, he can get the same result—but not without Ohio.

Three-quarters of the precincts in Ohio have now reported, and Kerry still trails by 126,000 votes, about 3 percent of the total. I don't think he can pull it off. But I've been wrong so many times now that I'd be happy—no, really, in this case I would be positively delighted—to be proved wrong again.

http://www.slate.com/id/2109079/

race up in air early wednesday AM: 'Kerry could still win, but it won't be easy. Bush has a very small lead in Ohio, of about 100,000, at 1:40 am. But the Democrats maintain that there are over 200,000 provisional ballots yet to be counted, and that they could make up the difference. CNN is saying that it is believed that the provisional ballots are largely Democratic.

'An Ohio official, Secretary of State Ken Blackwell, is saying on CNN that the provisional ballots won't be counted for 11 days....'

just a few dirty tricks to remember them by: '...it's mostly about vote suppression...

'And it's mostly about suppressing the minority vote, and in particular the African-American vote. It's a really perfect strategy: denying blacks the vote and feedling their paranoia, which then lets the Republicans shrug off their concerns as paranoia....'

I was watching the news last night and everything showed that Kerry would win (including an exit poll in Drudge). Woke up this morning only to see that the idiot gets 4 more years.

Congratulations to the american public