Stones Singles Getting Box Treatment

Stones Singles Getting Box Treatment

2 hours, 34 minutes ago

By Christopher Walsh

NEW YORK (Billboard) - ABKCO Records will release three box sets of the Rolling Stones singles recorded between 1963 and 1971.

The first set, "The Rolling Stones Singles 1963-1965," is due May 4 and features 12 CDs beginning with the group's first studio recordings from the spring of 1963. "The Rolling Stones Singles 1965-1967" and "The Rolling Stones Singles 1968-1971" will bow in the summer and fall, respectively.

Each of the 12 discs in "The Rolling Stones Singles 1963-1965" will be packaged in a picture sleeve displaying original artwork; the discs will approximate the original vinyl 45 rpm singles. Featuring 33 songs, the set also includes a 28-page booklet of rare photos and annotation, and an essay by Nigel Williamson, editor of Billboard's weekly "Global Pulse" column.

The series marks the first time three Rolling Stones EPs previously released on vinyl in the United Kingdom -- 1964's "Five By Five" and "The Rolling Stones EP" and 1965's "Got Live If You Want It" -- will be issued on CD. "Got Live If You Want It" includes recordings of "Everybody Needs Somebody to Love" and "Pain in My Heart" never before released on CD.

In August 2002, ABKCO Records released "The Rolling Stones Remastered," 22 titles encompassing their LP releases between 1963 and 1970 as well as several compilations. Those titles were issued on dual-layer, hybrid Super Audio CD.

Here is the track listing for The Rolling Stones Singles 1963-1965:

Disc 1: "Come On" / "I Want To Be Loved" (U.K. 1963)

Disc 2: "I Wanna Be Your Man" / "Stoned" (U.K. 1963 / U.S. 1964)

Disc 3: "The Rolling Stones EP": "Bye, Bye Johnny" / "Money" / "You Better Move On" / "Poison Ivy" (U.K. 1964)

Disc 4: "Not Fade Away" / "Little By Little" (U.K. 1964 / U.S. 1964)

Disc 5: "It's All Over Now" / "Good Times, Bad Times" (U.K. 1964" / "U.S. 1964)

Disc 6: Five By Five (EP): "If You Need Me" / "Empty Heart" / "2120 South Michigan Avenue" / "Confessin' the Blues" / "Around and Around" (U.K. 1964)

Disc 7: "Tell Me" / "I Just Want To Make Love To You" (U.S. 1964)

Disc 8: "Time Is On My Side" / "Congratulations" (U.S. 1964)

Disc 9: "Little Red Rooster" / "Off the Hook" (U.K. 1964)

Disc 10: "Heart of Stone" / "What a Shame" (U.S. 1964)

Disc 11: "The Last Time" / "Play With Fire" (U.S. 1964 / U.S. 1965)

Disc 12: "Got Live If You Want It" (EP): "We Want the Stones" / "Everybody Needs Somebody To Love" / "Pain In My Heart" / "Route 66" / "I'm Moving On" / "I'm Alright" (U.K. 1965)

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...c&e=10&ncid=689

This is a mixed bag 4, 5, 7, 8,10 and 11 are worthy. one of the early discs contatins a beatles written number, but i forget which one