What Computer Apps Do You Use To Play and Convert Music?

DudeAsInCool

I've been experimenting lately and testing out various new sounds tools for the Mac. And the sound improvement on my computer is simply unbelievable. None of these apps are free - but each and everyone is worth the price. I know their are a lot of free apps out there - but not in the class - you get what you pay for. You can check the links below for specific specs - I'm just going to give some simple intros:

AudioCodex is my preferred music player of the moment. AudioCodex is a mixing tool for Pro's. I like it simply for its sound fidelity - those of you who are into mixing will find it even more useful.

Hear - This is a sound enhancement tool. I particularly like the 3d sound - it makes my little computer speakers fill the room. I'm also been checking out SRS IWow and Volume Logic - they're similar to Hear and each have their merits, so rather than make a recommendation, see what works for you. You should hear them all together at once. I'm using all three right at this moment and it literally sounds like a live symphony in my living room. :tongue:

I use AudialHub for conversions and quick edits. This is the best audio conversion tool I've found to date. It can convert any sound file to any sound file; it can trim files; it can enhance them--it does it all. I bought it sight unseen from the creator of VisuaHub, which is by and far the most sophisticated video converter on the web, and couldn't be happier.

AudialHub

Audio Hijack records anything on your browser, so this comes in handy for podcasts, radio shows, wav files, etc.

Audio HiJack Pro

These tools are indispensable to me and I use them everyday. I'm curious as to what other people use? What are you favorite tools for playing music on your computer?

post-9-1212207924_thumb.jpg

post-9-1212209941_thumb.jpg

post-9-1212209950_thumb.jpg

post-9-1212218641_thumb.jpg

post-9-1212225583_thumb.jpg

To begin with I don't use a Mac. Also, I'm not mixing or trying to enhance the sound. I use Foobar to convert and tag. Sometimes I use Nero (not often- I don't like it) and Pyro.

Pyro is a cheap program but I have used it to rip vinyl because it has filters to remove the noise that seem to work pretty well. It also splits the tracks easy enough so you don't have the entire side of the album as one file. It does other things but ripping vinyl and cds is about all I use it for.

I should check out some other programs that probably work better but I guess I'll stay with the ones with which I am familiar.

To begin with I don't use a Mac. Also, I'm not mixing or trying to enhance the sound. I use Foobar to convert and tag. Sometimes I use Nero (not often- I don't like it) and Pyro.

Pyro is a cheap program but I have used it to rip vinyl because it has filters to remove the noise that seem to work pretty well. It also splits the tracks easy enough so you don't have the entire side of the album as one file. It does other things but ripping vinyl and cds is about all I use it for.

I should check out some other programs that probably work better but I guess I'll stay with the ones with which I am familiar.

What music player do you use?

Old version of winamp. The newer version conflicts with some other program I use for tagging. The old version won't play flac or ape so I use foobar for those formats and any others that winamp won't play.

The new version of windows media player conflicts with another old program I use but I can't remember which one. Anyhow, that is why I run obsolete versions of winamp and windows media player.

I am using XP Pro operating system with SP2 installed. I haven't installed SP3 and don't plan to for a while. It will probably jack up some other program I use. I am happy with the way my jukebox runs at the present time. I enjoy using my computer. I get no satisfaction from tinkering with it. I recently added 3 hard drives, upgraded the ram to 4 gigs and changed the power supply to an 850 watts model but those changes were required.

I'm sure there are better players and Vista may have it's advantages but I'm staying put. The only thing I update is my antivirus. My son does install some updates to some programs but I have told him not to update certain ones.

• 1 month later...

Dealing with DRM-protected music , you can try TuneClone Converter removing DRM fast & easy to use.

Just a few simple steps:

1. Download TuneClone software and install it firstly.

2. Open your iTune screen to select “Preference” tab below the “edit” order.

3. In the opening window of “Preference” Continue to set the parameters like this: select "advanced", then choose "Burning", select "Audio CD" and "Include CD Text".

4. Create a new playlist and drag the the music files you want to convert into the playlist.

5. Click "Burn Disc" button in the right-bottom of iTune.

6. Lastly, the TuneClone will encode the music file to the format you need Automatically.

You can learn much more information here: http://tomypost.blogspot.com/2007/01/conve...s-to-plain.html

• 4 weeks later...
I still use Winamp to listen to music, and CDex to rip and convert. That's all I need really.

I also have not yet changed my music player.

I'm also using Winamp to listen music. It's quite user friendly and I'm comfortable with it.