song title/artist help please

tan216

Hi

Hoping at least one of you will be able to solve a 10 year long mystery for me! Have been trying to find a song title and original artist for a song which I caught a glimpse of way back...

Unfortunately I only have one line of lyrics (which I imagine is chorus)...

"Is this the way we say goodbye to friends?"

thats all I can give you....challenge on lol

TIA :lol:

Music genre? Musically, what does the song remind you of?

How about this?

What Goes Around Comes Around

~ Justin Timberlake

Hey girl

Is he everything you wanted in a man

You know I gave you the world

You had me in the palm of your hand

So why your love went away

I just can't seem to understand

Thought it was me and you babe

Me and you until the end

But I guess I was wrong

Don't want to think about it

Don't want to talk about it

I'm just so sick about it

Can't believe it's ending this way

Just so confused about it

Feeling the blues about it

I just can't do without ya

Tell me is this fair

Is this the way it's really going down

Is this how we say goodbye

Music genre? Musically, what does the song remind you of?

How about this?

from the 70's I would think....more a ballad type of song.

I heard it played on E Street (old oz soap) back in the late 80's or early 90's.

That line of lyrics I posted is exact. Shame its the only line I remember.

Have done all the usual google, lyrics sites and annoying people at radio stations to no avail.

from the 70's I would think....more a ballad type of song.

I heard it played on E Street (old oz soap) back in the late 80's or early 90's.

That line of lyrics I posted is exact. Shame its the only line I remember.

Have done all the usual google, lyrics sites and annoying people at radio stations to no avail.

Female or male singer, solo or group?l Soul? Country? Pop?

Here's a cousin to the song for your amusement:

I think female lead.....male backings

I guess the only way i can describe the style is.....easy listening

not much to go on sorry.

kind of similar to that "leaving on a jetplane" song in style

I've done a little research - :lol: The song you want is somewhere below

As the series established its own identity, several music videos and musical performances were incorporated into episodes to promote music released on the offshoot Westside Records music label, whilst some of the actresses, namely Melissa Tkautz and Toni Pearen, released singles which were massive hits in Australia. Melissa Tkautz had the biggest selling single of 1991 with her #1 dance hit "Read My Lips" and the follow up, "Sexy (Is The Word)", made #3 the same year, all thanks to their inclusion on E Street. Hugely popular pin-up star Bruce Samazan even released a single, a rap record called "One of a Kind", and artists such as the Goo-Goo Dolls and Euphoria also had big hits thanks to E Street. The show had developed an unprecendented look and sound all of its own, surpassing both Neighbours and Home and Away in the ratings and popularity. At the 1992 Australian Logies, E Street won the coveted "Most Popular Serial" category, sealing the success of the series in its home territory.- Wikipedia

Melissa Natalie Tkautz

Year Title Album

Singles Chart

1991 "Read My Lips"

1991 "Sexy (Is The Word)"

1992 "Skin to Skin"

1992 "My House"

1993 "Is It...?"

2005 "The Glamorous Life"

2005 "All I Want"

2006 "Easily Affected"

2008 "I Want Your Love" (with Nick Skitz

Tony Pearen

Albums

"Intimate"

Singles

"In Your Room"

"I Want You"

"Walkaway Lover"

"Joy"

Bruce Samazan

Released a rap music single on the Westside Records label called "One Of A Kind", and filmed a music video for the song with Kellie Hoggart of Teen Queens and Hi-5

Goo Goo Dolls

The Goo-Goo Dolls and Euphoria also had big hits thanks to E Street.

"There You Are" (1991)

"I'm Awake Now" (1992)

"We Are The Normal" (1993)

"Only One" (1995)

"Flat Top" (1995)

"Naked" (1995)

"Name" (1996)

"Long Way Down" (1996)

"Lazy Eye" (1997)

"Iris" (1998)

"Slide" (1998)

"Dizzy" (1998)

"Black Balloon" (1999)

"Broadway" (2000)

"Here Is Gone" (2002)

"Big Machine" (2002)

"Sympathy" (2003)

"Give A Little Bit" (2004)

"Better Days" (2005)

"Stay With You" (2006)

"Let Love In" (2006)

"Before It's Too Late (Sam and Mikaela's Theme)" (2007)

A more concise guide to the music featured on E Street. Source

EUPHORIA

I wanna, I wanna Love you Right....

'Love You Right' from the album 'Total Euphoria'

One of the most played songs at the pub, this music video also featured in E Street as Kelley Abbey (Jo-Jo) and Simon Denny (Sam) appeared in it. The dance version of the song was played when the police broke into Steven's house after he had attacked Sheridan.

Hey there baby, you make me feel so fine....

'Do For You' from the album 'Total Euphoria'

Again, this was played a lot in the pub. Also played in a dream sequence Lisa had in the episode that the Patchett's died and Elly was shot.

Gotta get the wheels in motion....

'Wheels in Motion' from the album 'Total Euphoria'

Played when Toni and Janine sat their exams and when Lisa was getting ready for her first day at WTV8. Played in the pub also.

I will never leave you, don't you ever leave me....

'I will never leave you' from the album 'Total Euphoria'

Played when Sheridan made her first entrance into E Street. Also played in the episode after Elly and Bob got together, where Elly, Toni & Claire met Bob & Harley for a morning jog!

You're one in a million you're changing my opinion....

'One in a Million' from the album 'Total Euphoria'

The introduction of this song just scream Patchetts Pacific. Always played in the pub!!!

Eurogliders

ooh it must be love, that we're thinking of, won't find any better....

'It Must Be Love' from the album 'Groove'.

From one of thee most famous E Street scenes ever! This song was played when Wheels and Lisa shared a bath. It was also played when Lisa thought Wheels had returned to Westside, shortly after his departure.

Honeymen

The sky was a deeper blue this morning....

'Felt like a kiss' from the album 'E Street - The Music'

This song reminds me of Jack Brown, which is fitting seeing as Andrew Williams appears in the video as Jack Brown!! It was played in the pub but mostly used for Jack and Melanie's story.

Hey, hey, hey, jump on the motorbike of love....

'Motorbike of Love' from the album 'E street - The Music

Another one on the Patchett's jukebox!! Jo-Jo also sung this quite a bit when she and Joey were busking.

Jenny Morris

If my friends all turned away, when I went walking by....

'I've Had You' from the album 'The story so far...'

Jo-Jo sung this towards the end of E Street when she started to get more regular gigs as a solo singer. She also sung it in the final episode of E Street when she closing her cafe at the end of the night.

Tears, they're rolling down my cheek, Tears, I feel them as I speak....

'Tears' from the album 'The Story so far...'

Played a lot in the pub, but probably most notably, when Lisa told Paul that Chris, Megan and Abbey had been killed, and that Elly had been shot.

Body and soul, oh, oh, oh....

'Body & Soul' from the album 'The Story So Far'

Played a lot in the background and on the radio. I think it was used most in aerobic sessions!!!

She has to be loved, she want to be needed, don't want to be hated....

'She has to be Loved' from the album 'The Story So Far'

A regular song in the pub! Also played a lot on Toni's room and on various characters stereos!!

Maybe Dolls

I swear that I love you, I swear that I care....

'I Swear' from the album 'Propaganda'

Played during a dream sequence that Lisa had just after she married Michael - she dreamt she was married to Wheels. Played a lot in the pub!

Like a nervous kid, at a brand new school....'

'Nervous Kid' from the album 'Propaganda'

This song was played a lot in the pub, it was also the song Nikki always used to sing if she was auditioning for a job with the band!

I stand by the road, head in my hands, not knowing which way to go...

'New Life' from the album 'Propaganda'

Often played in the pub, but had it's most noticed airing when Elly, Toni and Claire were shopping for Elly's new car.

Every song on this album was played on E Street - it's a great mix of tunes and it's full of E Street memories. Other songs iclude; Real Love, Slumber, Cool Jesus and Only Love.

Melissa

Do to me what your eyes say you want to do, do it, read my lips....

'Read my Lips' from the Album 'Fresh'

E Street's very own Melissa Tkautz made a hit out of this fantastic song, and it was never off the E Street jukebox! Played loads in the pub, in their homes - everywhere. A typical E Street song and we loved it!

I want to reach you, touch you, capture you, Sexy is the word....

'Sexy is the Word' from the album 'Fresh'

Another hit fro Melissa and another top E Street tune. The video's to 'Sexy is the word' and 'Read My Lips' were both featured on E Street when Melissa's character Nikki dreamt she was a pop star!!!

Noiseworks

Day will come, here alone you cry.....

'Day Will Come' from the album 'Love Verses Money'

An E Street anthem! Played loads in Patchetts, but really this was Harley and Toni's song. Played during Harley's dreams about Toni and also during the boxing match when Harley and Max fought for Toni.

God, it takes so long to get to where you're going.....

'Home' from the album 'Touch'

This song was used around the time Lisa and Alice were leaving Westside. It was played just after Lisa had been locked in the freezer by Steven, and Alice had her dream.

Those days we've left behind....

'In My Youth' from the album 'Touch'

This is probably best known for Bob's funeral. Jo-Jo sung this song as Bob's coffin was carried out of the church. The same version was played over the credits of the very last E Street episode.

Until we meet again, Rest In Peace....

'R.I.P (Millie)' From the album 'Love Verses Money'

This was played when Lisa was selling Michaels boat shortly after his death. She had a brief dream before telling Wheels she thought she was pregnant.

Freedom!

'Freedom' on the album 'Love Verses Money'

Notoriously shouted by Wheels as he and Sheridan broke out of Ed Farrell's custody! This song was played loads when Wheels and Sheridan were o the run!

You send invitations I don't want, no more....

'No Lies' from the album 'Noiseworks'

Played in the final scene of Lisa and Michael's wedding episode, when Wheels was left watching Lisa from afar.

Other songs that were played on E Street from the three Noiseworks albums are: Touch, Hot Chilli Woman, Mile and Miles, Love Somebody & Simple Man.

Radio Freedom

Yeah, Yeah I can feel it....

'I Can Feel It' from the album 'Beyond The Peach Tree'

This video was played on E Street and it featured Lorry D'Er Cole as Joey Valentine. This song was played a lot in the pub and at parties. It's a summer song!

I'll try to make you understand, but I guess....

'Proove' from the album 'Beyond The Peach Tree'

Again, the intro to this songs just screams Patchett's Pacific!! It's a definite E Street tune. The video was shown towards the end of E Street when Sally was viewing the TV late at night!!!

The Teen Queens

Be mine, be mine, be my little baby....

'Be My Baby' from the Album 'Get Happy'

This song was played quite a lot from around 1991 onwards. Played a lot in the pub but also in characters in homes. It was sued a lot during the Wheels and Sheridan on the run storyline. It was used after they had got married and when Ed blew away their hideout.

oohh I can't help myself, I love you and nobody else...

'Can't Help Myself' from the Album 'Get Happy'

One of Ernie's favourite songs! This music video was played in the pub after The Teen Queens made their first E Street appearance. Always heard in the pub - a really party tune!!

I love how your eyes close whenever you kiss me....

'I Love How You Love Me' from the Album 'Get Happy'

This was played a lot on E Street, especially during the romantic moments!! But I think it's fair to say it's Toni and CJ's song. It was played at their wedding when Toni walked down the aisle, and then The Teen Queens sung it at their reception. The instrumental version was used for several dream sequences.

Other songs that were played on E Street from the 'Get Happy' album are: Wouldn't It Be Nice, Stay A While, Baby It's You & Mr Postman.

Wendy Matthews

Hey, does it ever make you wonder what's on mind....

'The Day You Went Away' from the album's 'Lily' & 'Stepping Stones'

Most notably used in E Street dream sequences; Bob's dream about Elly, Toni's dream about Harley, Bob's dream about Harley. Also used during the Patchett's funeral and when Bob and Elly left the church.

There's a Square Moon over Manhattan....

'Square Moon' from the album 'Emigre'

Played in the early days when Chris proposed to Lisa. Also played a lot in Sheridan's house!

Just when I lose my touch, you come up and touch me....

'Friday's Child' from the album 'Stepping Stones'

Played a lot in Patchetts Pacific pub. Also played in Sheridan's house around the time of the Mr Bad storyline.

SONGS BY THE E STREETERS

Taking Australia by storm was Toni Pearen. One of E STREET'S most popular stars with a great talent for singing. After leaving E STREET Toni signed with Mushroom records and made her debut album 'Intimate'. From the album she had hits with 'In Your Room', 'I Want You', 'Walkaway Lover' and 'Joy'. Toni's album can probably still be found on some internet music sites. Toni also starred on the soundtrack to her movie 'All Men are Liars' singing some great covers. Most of Toni's material can be found on Ebay.

As E STREET'S Nikki Spencer Melissa Tkautz didn't have an ear for music. However off screen she was a pop diva who had a few good hits in the early 90's. Many of Melissa's songs were featured in E STREET, but most noticeable were 'Read my Lips' and 'Sexy (is the word)' as the videos also appeared on the show. Melissa's album 'Fresh' sold like hot cakes and recently Melissa hit the music scene again with her new album 'Lost and Found' which can be found in all good record stores.

SUCCESS.....surprising result though :lol:

Thank you very much Dude for sending me in the right direction.....

I am still yet to find it sung anywhere on the net.....apart from the snip where I did find it!!!

Huge mystery solved...I will sleep so much better tonight lol :lol:

SUCCESS.....surprising result though :lol:

Thank you very much Dude for sending me in the right direction.....

I am still yet to find it sung anywhere on the net.....apart from the snip where I did find it!!!

Huge mystery solved...I will sleep so much better tonight lol :lol:

give me the title and artist and I will find it

"Is This the Way to Say Goodbye" from the album The Party Boys

Released: 1987

Format: 7" vinyl

Label: CBS

Writer: John Swan, John Brewster, Alan Lancaster, Paul Christie, Kevin Borich

Producer: John Brewster and Alan Lancaster

Almost found it - the link is broken, but maybe its only temporary - See List. They recorded one album, which you can probably order if you have to.

post-9-1210750243.jpg

thanxs Dude

I'll check it out and see if link is fixed regularly :smile:

I'd pm the guy and see if he can forward it to you