Beatking Ares Chat

Tomorrow I'm going back to Swindon for Easter. I won't be back for nearly a month.

The Ares room has been slowly growing since I started it, with a number of regular users. The thing is I now need someone with a reliable connection to take over. We can agree on a change-over time.

If not, I'll point the users to Azureblade7_Outpost. Azure has been very supportive and seems like a cool guy. Seems a shame to pass people onto peerweb though.

How about asking BF--I know he has a vacation soon, too.. but i think he can do it. Does this mean, our site wont be blessed by your presence for a whole month!!! :o

Have a great vaction, dude. Hopefuly, we will have the site design will be done by the time you return.

No it doesn't Kooperman.

I'm hoping that BeatFactory will offer, but time is ticking.

I can probably drop by the site DAIC, but it will be on dail-up (AHHHHH) whenever I get the chance. I'm still looking forward to the new design.

The welcome note now points people to Azure. Beatking Ares Chat will be open for a maximum of 12 more hours unless someone takes over.

Normally I would volunteer, but in this case, I don't know anything about IRC scripting or running a channel (mostly on the "keeping it protected" part). I haven't created any bots, if you catch my drift. And to add to the problems, my connection, as of late, has been unreliable.

You should ask Yoda (Yodashady at Zeropaid). You can PM him here, or get in touch on #Zeropaid.

He has plenty of experience in this department.

It isn't an IRC channel, it is really simple.

Just create channel and name it. For everything else, type "/help"

To colour what you type, hold control and press B. 301, 302,303 etc = font colour

501,502, etc = background coulour

5 and 6 = underline and bold.

Easy as that. Azure will help with anything you ask.

I've tried asum, but I'll also try Yoda.

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

I've tried, but my college's internet is firewalled so there are many people who are unable to connect to my room.

-------- Channel BeatKing statistics --------

Server address: 149.169.126.61:10484

Server started on 03/23/2004 23:46:38

Uptime: 84:25:00

Accepted connections: 527

Received messages: 252

Peak user count: 8

Current user count: 2

It's building slowly but surely...seems to peak out at night

• 2 months later...

Np, I just try to pop into these things periodically to pretend I'm not anti-social. I can consider this my big effort of the quarter anyway. :D