recordings of many works, mostly chamber music

dsoslglece

Hi…

In fact, that's quite a few months that I was hesitating to speak about that, since it is a site I created my self in December.

I didn't want it to look as spam !… but considering the fact that you can just DL all available stuff there, and that I'll get no personnal benefits out of it, appart of the pleasure to help music to propagate, I really don't think the term would be much appropriate.

Here is the story

I did calculate few years ago that between 1967 and 2000, I did about (as a violinist) 1000 concerts…

Maybe half of them were as member or leader of symphonic orchestras, but at least the other half were chamber music: sonatas, trios, quartets of any types, up to nonets, and playing music of all periods from middle age till contemporary…

Quite a few hundreds were recorded, and, now that I'm not playing anymore, and that I discovered the Web, I feel that distributing those of them recordings with have good enough sound quality would continue the work of my whole life, and still go towards its goals.

Therefore that idea to construct a site.

Of course a small portion of this site is dedicated to other areas, for instance, the publication of my books, but since they are in French, and not translated, that could certainly not be the reason for talking to you about it.

But a big part of it is dedicated to recorded music, known or less known, and even a complete page dedicated to totally unknown masterpieces, from known or unknown composers (Paolo Litta, George Onslow, Bernhard Molique, Ignace Pleyel, Henri Woolett, etc…).

There is even music of different periods, played on original instruments (Middle-age, Renaissance, Barock), and all of it, in trying as much as possible to respect the rules of playing of each period. For instance, a series of recordings of Beethoven sonatas (vln & pno), in respecting 1800 conventions of playing (which is not generally the case any more since 1900)

Of course, the site is in French, since it's my home language, but I did an English side for all pages (except the pages dedicated to my own books, or my poems)… and so, when after the index page in French (where one arrives), by clicking on the UK flag, one finds oneself onto the same page but in English, and from there, one can follow the whole route in English.

Further more, from the page "reception", one can go to one page where all musical titles are visible at once, with threads, and so go directly to ones interest.

From the reception page it is also possible to choose to see the newly added pieces (with dates), since I regularly add pieces as soon as I finish to clean the recordings, some of them been on old cassettes or tapes (few only from vinyls) or not to well balanced, and needing some patching.

By the way, one can also find there, some recordings of that pianist I was talking about in a previous post, and where I gave some examples about Chopin's rubato.

Evidently, I'm the owner of all of those, and so its free to be distributed.

Another thread however is a platform where I did also put some pieces to DL free : Vuze, but for that, you'll need Azureus. My own files are under my pseudo (dsoslglece), but they are also some from others.

My site

HERE

Vuze

HERE

Hope you'll enjoy it…

Edited by dsoslglece