Wingnut2600's Courtney Watch

This thread is devoted to all news coverage of Courtney Love...

Courtney Love Arrested at NYC Nightspot

NEW YORK - Rocker Courtney Love was arrested early Thursday after allegedly throwing a microphone stand at an East Village nightspot, striking a man in the head, police said.

The 24-year-old man was taken to a hospital in stable condition, police said. Police said they were charging Love with reckless endangerment and third-degree assualt after the 2:30 a.m. incident.

Messages left for representatives for Love early Thursday were not immediately returned.

On Wednesday, Love, who is facing felony drug charges in California, repeatedly lifted her shirt during an appearance on the "Late Show with David Letterman."

Read complete story here.

As I said, the woman just keeps giving and giving...

Since I said that Courtney was always in the news (three days ago) she has had two major news stories, and they aren't even related to her new album!

I had a final this morning and just saw the story; I am a little depressed that I wass unable to post it, but thankful that LOD caught it and started the discussion.

I really wonder about her... about two years back the other members of Nirvana attempted to make her take a Pschiatric evaluation since she owns the rights to Nirvana's song catalog... she didn't have to submit, but it may have done her good.

BTW: Caption

"Where am I? What am I doing here? Who are all these people?"

You can actually use that caption for any Courtney Love picture just fine :)

:frog:

(The frog is desperately in love with Courtney and misses jokes about wanting to be in Hole)

I had a final this morning and just saw the story; I am a little depressed that I wass unable to post it, but thankful that LOD caught it and started the discussion.

I knew if i didn't jump on this one, someone else would have pronto. I did this one before I even left for work, which is rare.

:psychofun:

LOVE HURTS

By CHRIS WILSON, ZACH HABERMAN and ALY SUJO

March 19, 2004 -- Plummeting punkster Courtney Love's downward spiral led her to a Manhattan lockup early yesterday after she allegedly hit a fan with a microphone stand during a raging performance at an East Village nightclub.

Cops said Love, 39, threw the stand into the audience during an early-morning showcase at Plaid on East 13th Street, hitting Greg Burgett, 23, of London, Ky., in the head.

"I always thought she was kind of dangerous," Burgett told The Post after getting three staples for his wound.

"Turns out I was right. There was blood all over my face."

Love spent the night in jail on charges of third-degree assault and reckless endangerment.

Law-enforcement sources said the singer appeared to be high, but a weeping Love told cops she was innocent.

"I didn't do it, I didn't do it," she said as they arrested her in the club, sources said.

Early this morning, Love made her first appearance after the arrest - appearing two hours late for a gig at the Bowery Ballroom.

Before the show she quieted the audience and told them, "If any of you plans on getting injured tonight, please go outside and get arrested now."

She struggled through her set, at one point saying, "My voice has gone to hell. That's what a jail cell does to it."

During one song she stripped off her red velvet dress and sang in her bra and panties. She then covered up with a T-shirt that read "Eat My F-."

She's due back in court April 19.

Love's spokeswoman said Courtney's camp was still "investigating" the charges.

"There is a pending court date and we believe she will be vindicated," said Jill Fritzo.

The arrest capped a wild night for Love, which started when she bared her breasts in front of David Letterman during a taping of the "Late Show."

After her bizarre Letterman appearance, Love headed downtown.

She stopped outside a Wendy's restaurant, where she allegedly invited a bystander to kiss her breasts, then asked fans to take photographs.

At Irving Plaza, Love flashed her breasts at the Australian band Jet - and then demanded to go on stage with them.

"History could have been made tonight," she huffed after promoters ignored her pleas.

Finally, she took the stage at Plaid.

Between songs, she called for whiskey, Cristal champagne and money for her 11-year-old daughter, Frances, whom authorities took from Love's custody following a drug-related arrest in Los Angeles.

"Get the Jameson, get the Cristal," she shouted.

"Get me all the money in the bank so I can get my daughter back."

Love also insisted to fans that she's still in control.

"I'm not on drugs, I'm not on drugs," she said. "I'm coming back. This is who you came to see - the worst of the best."

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/17367.htm

Courtney in Trouble With the Law Again?

Friday, March 19, 2004

By Roger Friedman

Trouble is always looking for Courtney Love. It may have found her right after midnight last night.

Love was performing at the Bowery Ballroom in New York with her new all-girl punk-rock band. She was late to the show and didn't have much of a singing voice after spending Wednesday night in jail, but she was in good spirits.

In fact, she was almost ebullient at times, beseeching the small but loyal standing-room-only audience members to let her "crowd-surf" over them back and forth from one end of the room to another.

"I've been wanting to do that for 10 years!" said the almost 40-year-old rocker.

That's when the trouble started. Somewhere in her cross-room body surf, Love fell onto New York Daily News photographer Dara Kushner, and fell hard.

Kushner, a petite brunette, got kneed in the neck so badly she had to be taken from the club by paramedics to a local hospital.

Before she left, Kushner was questioned by police to see if a crime had been committed, if Love had hit her intentionally.

"She saw me taking pictures," Kushner told me while she was waiting for the paramedics. She was holding an ice pack to her neck and sitting on the floor in the club vestibule. "She came right at me and fell on me."

Nevertheless, it's not clear whether Love just lost her footing or aimed at Kushner.

Love was certainly not looking for trouble last night. When she finally appeared on stage, she announced to the crowd, "If anyone wants to get hurt and get arrested, do it now."

She was referring to the incident on Wednesday night when a fan at another club, Plaid, claimed Love hit him in the head with either her mike or microphone stand. Love was arrested and taken to central booking because, police apparently said, she had no identification.

The result was an overnight stay, release at 7:30 a.m., and no sleep. According to her friends, Love didn't actually go to sleep until 6 p.m. Thursday, rising in time to do the midnight show at the Bowery Ballroom.

"It's a witch hunt," her lead guitarist, Lisa Leveridge, told me after the show last night. "It's definitely a witch hunt. Male rockers do much worse things than Courtney. She's a lot of fun and we're having a great time."

Once on stage, Love — who's like an episode of "Knots Landing" on crack — immediately spewed epithets and cursed Howard Stern ("I love him even though he's an a---h---e," she said.) Twice she told the crowd that the NYPD wasn't so bad "compared to the LAPD. You have it easy here."

She claimed that the previous night's events had ruined her voice — she's not much of a singer even on a good day — and so she abandoned her set list, inviting fans to call out songs. She performed some of them, and even hit a couple of notes by accident. She covered 'Til Tuesday's "Voices Carry," and managed to do a few of her own numbers. The best of the lot was "Celebrity Skin," on which the band sang back-up vocals.

Courtney Love will be 40 in July, which — and I don't think she gets this — is a little old for these histrionics. Blondie's Debbie Harry, one of the original punk sirens, actually left Thursday night's show midway through the commotion. Harry knew when it was time to grow up.

Love — who also entertained Ethan Hawke, Janeane Garafalo, Steven van Zandt and David Blaine in the crowd — doesn't get it. She's almost become an ironic punk rocker, a caricature of what real punk was 25 years ago.

There's an intelligent, articulate woman hiding in Courtney Love. It's time to let that personality out, and put the current one — cursing, coarse, angry — away. It's not wearing well.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,114636,00.html

Phographer claims injury after Courtney Love crowd dive

March 20, 2004  |  NEW YORK -- A photographer says she was hurt when Courtney Love dove off a stage, less than a day after the rocker was arrested for allegedly throwing a microphone stand at an earlier performance that injured a fan.

Freelance photographer Dara Kushner says she was injured when Love bodysurfed through the crowd during her performance at a Manhattan music venue late Thursday night. Kushner was treated for a bruised and swollen neck at Beth Israel Medical Center and released.

It wasn't immediately clear if Kushner would press charges.

At another performance that began in the early hours of Thursday, police say Love hit Gregory Burgett, 24, of London, Ky., in the head with a microphone stand as he watched the beginning of her show at a posh Manhattan nightclub.

Burgett needed three staples in his head, and Love was arrested on misdemeanor charges of reckless endangerment and third-degree assault. She was released later Thursday morning.

Her arrest capped a day that also included flashing David Letterman -- and lifting her shirt at least six times -- on the talk show host's late-night television show.

Love, 39, is also facing drug charges in California, where she was arrested in October for allegedly trying to break into the Los Angeles home of a former boyfriend.

Police later called to Love's home allegedly found painkillers when Love was taken to a treatment center for a drug overdose.

http://www.salon.com/ent/wire/2004/03/20/love/index.html

We had a story posted about her @ month or two ago. It was written by a reporter for a large entertainment news outlet. He commented that he had never really known much about her until his editor asked him to prepare an obituary for her. (standard practice as celebrities age but he admitted she's damn young for that)

Reading just the stuff in the last week, I wonder how much further she can really go. You can't really ignore

1) her husband's career will always overshadow her own

2) her troubled marriage ended in suicide

Both of these things have killed people before. Look at Del Shannon and the horrible stretch he must have went through due to his own fame. Now imagine his wife, if he had one, and the crushing pressure his fame and death must have had on her. It's ugly.

Here's a no-holds-barred review form our friends at the raunchy CircleOfAddiction (The following includes crude language--if that offends you, go no farther...)

All whored up and nowhere to go

I have to declare that Courtney Love is the nastiest, whorish and stupidest bitch on the planet. She is a diseased wreck, who will do *WHATEVER it takes to get her greasy face into the public eye. She has been a spiraling mess every since we first saw her whorish face emerge from the limelight of her late husband; Kurt Cobain. She is a no talent hack, who has been in and out of the news for years and always for something stupid she has done. She has already lost custody of her daughter, and if god willing that will be a permanent thing. She has nothing to offer anyone, other than her ass, she kind of reminds me of a crackwhore who would fuck to get a fix (we all know she has done this, so I'm not too far off the mark here).

So last week on David Letterman, she tried to do her best Drew Barrymore impersonation and jump up on Dave's desk and flash her horrid tits. Later that evening she was arrested for throwing her mic stand into the crowd and striking someone with it. What a laughing stock she has become over the last 10 years. She should have just quit trying to do music and stick to doing what she probably does best; sucking, fucking and showing off her body. Now, I wouldn't pay to see her ass naked but many would, in fact I have seen many trailer trash strip clubs off of many interstates in my day and she would fit right in with the other white trash. She could dance for all the METHed up truck drivers and then give blowjobs and fuck backstage for a dollar or 2.

I mean it's obvious that she is just a wrecked human being who needs attention to survive. She in fact fits perfectly into the Pamela Anderson category. Anyway, I've already wasted enough space on her ass with this article/rant so let me get down to brass tacks. My prediction of Courtney Love's future is; she will be dead of a drug overdose by the end of the year.

Party at my house that night.

http://www.circleofaddiction.com/courtneylove.php

Join the Catcall discussion on Courtney here:

http://forums.circleofaddiction.com/viewtopic.php?p=562#562

post-92-1080037881_thumb.jpg

Posted by Mike Hunt (moved to here)

Courtney Love Hitting The Headlines Again

24 March 2004 12.00am

It's been a troubled few weeks for Courtney Love. After hitting the headlines recently for flashing her breasts on David Letterman's US TV Show, hitting a fan in the face with a microphone at a gig and having to appear in court on drugs charges, the singer's behaviour appears to be getting more erratic and out of control than ever.

Love phoned into US shock jock Howard Stern's radio show on Monday March 24 and made the shocking allegation that she had oral sex with rocker Ted Nugent when she was just 12 years old, which would have made Nugent approximately 28 years old at the time. The New York Post attempted to contact Nugent for a response but was unsuccessful.

Friends of the star are becoming increasingly worried about her as the 10th anniversary of husband Kurt Cobain's death approaches. The Nirvana frontman killed himself with a shotgun on April 5, 1994. Bosses at her record company are said to have ordered 39-year-old Love's handlers to keep an eye on her during the next two weeks.