Hard to navigate

MoonMan

This site is loaded with so many different topic forums, that it is hard for one to choose an appropriate area to find interesting threads.

Anyone got some newbie advice on what I should look at first ? What would be the most interesting area for a new person to start in to get in the groove of things ?

I'm overwhelmed! :shootin:

Depends what you're looking for Mooney...the forums are still a work in progress as far as organization. I think method made some change this evening. I do a lot of political threads, and they're in the General News forum.

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

Just jump in on any topic... our most popular forum is the kickin it forum where we just talk about whatever....

You should probably hit Forums on the left side of the front page and see how topics are grouped.

The most popular section is the news, begining with music and entertainment, then digital news. Ken has been getting the filesharing section in order. You might like General News where all the whacko stuff is, too. We post 40-60 stories a day--a bit more than ZP lol

Then Kickin it--which is comedic stuff. We also have a games section...its not bad.

Music forums are set up to correspond to peoples tastes--we are working on filling up the forums with the latest releases. Electronica is probably the best forum--Mr Jip and Method77 are the head honchos there... And New Releases is pretty up to date. But you will no doubt find samplings of what you like somewhere...and if it isnt there, post it and bring us up to date.

Beatking has an Aries and a Soulseek room. Inquire within...

Active topics is where all the new posts are and where the fun is. Things move pretty fast--but you can hit your assistant who will tell you what topics have been posted this day, and who has responded to threads you started. Once you're here for a while, you can hit recent posts for what you missed.

We are in the process of reorganizing the front page--it will make alot more sense after that. We are going to categorize the news posts, rather than lumping them all together.

Perhaps the nicest thing about BK is you get to post your own news stories--you dont have to wait for a mod to approve...

In fact, the whole thing is a community effort. Everybody chips in and everyone gets along just fine. In fact, we are getting bored cause we dont have any problems here...even on the political threads.

Have fun--we do... :D

like Potato said (above)...click on 'view new posts' or 'todays most active topics'

Things move fairly quickly 'round here...this is probably the best way to keep your finger on the pulse of BeatKing :rolleyes:

When I first arrived here I went from top to bottom. I tend to be a sequential person so I do this in all forums. I go from top to bottom in the forums and then chronologically within each forum. I go back as far as possible. This gives me an opportunity to learn about the site and it's members. Most of the time I bring up dead threads, but if the thread isn't locked, it's not dead to me. This has been the most open, friendly, and varied site thus far. Especially regarding the news posts. You feel like a family member of BeatKing once you get to know everyone.

I have read (and posted in) your "end" thread at ZP. It makes sense that you have a determined interest here at BK. You will not find those types of mods here. DudeAsInCool pretty much hit it on the head.

Prepare to breathe the free air.

hey moony :)

the above answers pretty much said it. Keep in mind that this site is fairly new and we are still trying to make it look beautiful. The admins and mods are shiny, happy people like REM said and we are here to hear you suggestions on the forums. Good to see you here man

main object is music...

I also note that Mooney's -end- thread has already been closed by the poorest excuse for a moderator that I've ever seen. How long will people accept the thought control and censorship that's being dished out at Zeropaid? If it was an institutional thing it would be easy to say abandon ship because it's never going to change. But from what I see it's one person who's causing the problems there...only one. When will someone start a movement among the active members to dump him, or else? I know ZP has around 190, 000 members, but when it comes to active forum members, what kind of number are we talking...200? What's going on in the forums there is the worst kind of advertising you can get, even though 1000 new members a month may be joining. Why not get 2000 new members a month by putting someone civil into the chief mod position?

Obviously, I withdrew my membership there in protest of the censorship and right wing only agenda that Seph enforced. But I still check in from time to time to see if it has improved...sad to say, it's gotten even worse.

Interesting note: he twisted BF's words. BF said he was posting links to play by the rules, and Seph said 'it wasnt BF's job to set the rules." Jorge was watching today... Too bad that other clown posted his slur against Seph... This could have been fun. Well, maybe we should just start the thread over again..

Isn't it odd how, instead of deleting the post, he just closed the thread because of one comment which was unrelated to the whole thread and was made by someone who has not been at Zeropaid very long (in terms of posts).

:poop:

It was his 'pussy' out...

I think we should all keep the previous thread, where a dozen people protested, on all day... So when people go to the boards, all they see is everyone pointed at that link

Any takers?

I just can't underestand why Jorge would want a spokesman for his site who is unable to communicate or relate to people. Instead of selling what ZP has to offer, his agenda is ego trips and power plays. Why does Jorge allow his brand to be abused by this person?

Why does Jorge allow his brand to be abused by this person?

Maybe the controversy keeps people interested.... you lot certainly seem to be hung up on what this person does... (I havent looked at the ZP threads)

Why not just leave it alone and move on....

Bitching about another site or it's personalities in a public forum doesn't look good... and not what I expected to find in any threads here.