Learn to play Guitar?

jammy1

Hello. I am planning to start learning guitar. I don't know how much I should spend for my first guitar. I have no experience whatsoever. I'm thinking about getting a Squier Strat Package that comes with amp, bag, everything for $200. Is this too much to be spending at this stage? I am 15 years old. How long did it take most of you to really learn it? Is it hard/discouraging? Also if you have any tips on learning guitar please let me know. Thanks.

The Squier Strat is a decent guitar and the price you mention is about right. For acoustic guitars, Taylor makes some mini-guitars in that price range that are outstanding.

Its really about discipline and practice. The pro's practice 2-4 hours a day - that is how they get great.

There are a lot of tutorials at youtube that you should check out. In addition. there are a number of websites that have the chords and lyrics... Learning guitar is less of a mystery today because all the tools are online and accessible.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Also have had a guitar for a while but planning to have a proper go at learning it now.

Need to learn some chords and find some easy tabs i think.

Thanks a lot DAIC :)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now