Public Beta release of new P2P application

TomDemers

Hi, my name's Tom Demers. I work for a company called Shazzle. We just released the public Beta of Shazzle. You can get the download at Shazzle.com It is a community-based file sharing application. You can create private communities that are password-protected and invite-only. Communities come complete with live chat, community member presence, instant messaging, and web browsing functionality. We're looking for people to download the application and give us some feedback.

Thanks,

Tom Demers

Shazzle's website says the beta is free. Might not be bad to utilize it for Beatking. It's not Mac friendly though, though...yet, so people like me would have to wait.

It's free but will have ads later. They intend to make money and you can't blame them for that. The community thingy looks handy or at least it would have been handy in the past for me. The one thing (only thing?) I liked about Aimster (later Madster) was that you could place people in a "friends" group or some such shit. You could then share only with people in that group. I would use it to share files that I didn't want the world to see. Now there are lots of file hosting services (rapidshare, megaupload, senduit and so on). I use one of those to upload to and send the link to whoever I want. I haven't used p2p in yrs and probably won't ever again. Another thing about file hosting services: you can send the same file to more than one person without uploading it but once. My upload speed is the pits so I never did get as much enjoyment out of p2p because I couldn't upload very well.

• 12 years later...