Help! Can burn data but not audio.

joeyz

I just recently had to reinstall my entire computer. Now for some reason I can't burn audio cds. I can burn all types of data(everything except and audio cd). I reinstalled all the drivers. My computer plays cds/dvds ...so it seems like it has no problem reading those formats. I have Nero and "burn for free" both let me burn things but the audio tab won't light up (isn't an option) on either program... is there something that I need to reconfigure? I can't figure it out... if anyone has any ideas of what it could be I would appreciate the help. Please ask me questions if I didn't make the question clear enough. Thanks

Does it matter that my other burning program has the same problem... it's "burn 4 free." This makes me think that it's some type of configuration/driver problem with the burner other than the programs.

This may be completely dumb.... but wasnt there some issue about needing a wnaspi32.dll file when using Nero and XP??

I think it pops up an error when there is a problem with that

ok...another option to consider (since it seems.. your burning software files might be corrupted) besides the sage advice given above...try another program (FREE)....

http://www.beatking.com/forums/index.php?s...571&hl=deepburn

might narrow down the problem..if it works ...if it dosn't ..then you have a system problem or a program conflict

Yeah definitely try that.

Thanks for the help guys....but I am afraid my computer has encountered some more serious problems... if I get it going again I will post some more info... maybe (then) we can get to the bottom of this.

When confronted with a situation like this I always like to resort to the ballpeen hammer repair tool.

Yeah Koop, I think that would work real well with this application. :rotfl:

Hey Cube thanks for the response... and no I haven't tried that yet... I will have to try that tonight...The computer is finally up and running again… upgraded to windows XP and reinstalled all the drivers….I still have the same problem…. I have a strong suspicion that the drivers are the problem…. Could the drivers be incompatible with the operating system?