RFID Implants, Opinions?

Moneoa

One thing that some times makes me break out into a cold sweat when thinking is the very real drive by private interests to implant infants and new borns with RFID (little transmitters FTW) chips containing all thier personal information. By extent it is only a matter of time before those interests lobby to make them manditory in some countries (including the U.S) most likeley under the guise of protecting the public.

The consequences in my mind in regards to history as it relates to the future are broad and generational bringing to reality some very twisted orwellian ideas. The true tradgedy to me at this point is that most people are ignorant enough to buy the saftey angle and accept propoganda. How many people when the time comes will willingly put one of these "things" into their body. Im telling you now the answer would be sad and predictable.

So one question I would like to ask when you consider your thoughts is when it does happen, when someone looks at you and says you have to put this chip in your arm would you risk losing your identity on the grid (meaning you are a phantom..in a society where everyone is tracked by chip, not having one would effectively remove you from the digital system) and reject the impalnt?

Lastly I think the broader issue is the control fo thought, which in itself has been underway for some time now. Made easier by the dumbing effects of television and brainwashing of media and advertising. When it finally happens, we will all become prisoners..mind and body.

No man shall lay claim to my mind or body, I would fight and die for my freedom.

Edited by Moneoa

Generally against the notion, even though they might have useful medical and tracking properties
tracking is noble in some ways but keep in mind that these things dont really have an off switch you control. How about if they could see not even what your doing just only where you have been and where you are headed. What your doing is of no importance if they can pin you to aspecific location at any given time.

That type of control is pricelss

Interesting topic! I'm against totally. I'd opt for being an outcast living in a hedge before I'd agree to having one implanted. The pros for this kind of thing would be fine if there was absolutely no possibility of it being used to take away free choice. Knowing how power is corrupt I frankly cant see that it would be used only for good.

Recent 4 part documentary series called "Visions of the Future" shown on tv here, touched on similar things. Well worth watching if you get a chance.

Aren't they called RFID - i.e. Radio Frequency IDentification?

I'm sure that you can guess by my avatar that I'm against any such technology for people!

I've considered getting an implant for Mr. Boo...in the event he got lost or hurt, so I or the vet could track him.

I've considered implanting my right boot up redneck's butt on numerous occaisions...then I remember the Glock, and I move along.

I'm happy to hear there was no grease involved

I've considered getting an implant for Mr. Boo...in the event he got lost or hurt, so I or the vet could track him.

You can't track using RFID, it isn't GPS. It gives off a very low signal that can only be picked up from a short distance away. I'm not sure that even then you would easily be able to tell which direction the signal was coming from.

When it comes to pets, I think the RFID implant technology is used for animal passports within the EU. Talking of passports, if you got one in the last few years, your passport probably has a chip in it as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biometric_passport

RFID is useful in logistics as well, as long as it isn't used passed point of sale.

Given the pros and cons, if it is all or nothing, I'd always vote nothing. Lots needs to be done to protect civil liberties. I think holding any personal information of any humans on RFID should be against the law. This should apply to the state and private companies.

The world's going to hell in a hand basket. I have trouble recognizing my country after the last election.

This RFID idea fits into the problem nicely.

I was happy to see Greece top that list.

There were several riots the other day about the cameras that were installed on the streets. Most of them ended up broken. See the pics below...

post-32-1199143779_thumb.jpg

post-32-1199143790_thumb.jpg

post-32-1199143808_thumb.jpg

to implant infants and new borns

I think it's a great idea...millions of children disappear each year. I think if we can keep track of our pets and cars, we should have the OPTION of keeping track of our children, especially if you're a paranoid person. Why not? Of course, once that child reaches say...13? It should be removed.