Wassup For the 10/26/07 Weekend?

DudeAsInCool

World Series, college football...Penn State plays #1 Ohio State on Saturday!!! And I hope to be putting the finishing touches to a friend's short film. What about you all?

Gotta barbeque/party to attend tonight. Hopefully meet some ladies. Getting up early tomorrow to help a friend strip the shingles off of his roof. Other than that, watch some football and probably a couple of scary movies to get into the halloween mood. :D

I'll be at home resting all weekend either trying to get over a cold or a sinus infection. I have to be in tip top shape for an a event that I have been promoting at work. Aka a Law School Fair. Anyone here a lawyer? :)

I'll be at home resting all weekend either trying to get over a cold or a sinus infection. I have to be in tip top shape for an a event that I have been promoting at work. Aka a Law School Fair. Anyone here a lawyer? :)

Sister and dad are.

We just got back from having ice cream at Friendly's and before that I went to Preston Trading Post and picked up my new wood stove. Well, new for me. It's a gently used Napoleon 1900.

That should put a nice dent in our gas bill this winter. Happily I got back here and we got it unloaded off my pickup truck just before the rain kicked in.

Next is teh sleep. That's coming up real soon.

Then tomorrow the rain should continue, and we have the RISD museum with its Free-for-All Saturday at 11 am, which we usually take the kids to, and tomorrow night is the Halloween party at the YMCA. Mrs. CTC is doing face-painting there, so I get to haul everyone around the rest of the joint.

Sunday...I am not sure. I know she said something and something was happening somewhere something something.

lol, missed plane to Dublin then trains to Sligo...waiting for Aer Lingus to send taxi to collect me in time for gig. hahahaha what else is new?

Went out to my parents to begin the fall roundup. Bringing home a few head pastured at a cousin's.

My father has joined my mother on the injured list so it looked a lot like me running around an 8 acre field screaming/pleading/crying.

My father has joined my mother on the injured list so it looked a lot like me running around an 8 acre field screaming/pleading/crying.

What are they suffering from? Hope its not too severe...

Both parents have diabetes and are on insulin. That has a certain effect on the body.

My mother fell on ice last winter and permanently damaged her arm. It was more than 12 hours before a doctor tried to put it back in. She got surgery to repair some of the nerve damage about 6 months later, but the damage is lasting.

Diabetes coupled with bad joints and weighing around 450 my dad has a lot of trouble getting around. My mother suspects there is quite a bit wrong with him but until he hits a doctor that thinks it's worth investigating his pain goes unchecked. It's unnerving to wake in the night and realize that sickly sound you hear is your father moaning and crying in pain.