Nick Offerman played his last video game 25 years ago. You won't be able to guess which one.

NelsonG

A bearded man wearing glasses gesticulates in a talk show chair.

Despite delivering an epic performance in the tear-jerking third episode of The Last of Us, Nick Offerman has never played the video game. He doesn't play any video games any more.

As he explains to Jimmy Kimmel in the clip above, the last game he played was 25 years ago.

"I lost a couple of weeks to a video game called Banjo Kazooie," says Offerman. "And two weeks went by and I was like, oh my God, the slow dopamine drip is so delicious, then it's over and you're like, 'Yes, I won,' and immediately I'm like, 'What have I done with my life?'"

In fairness, if you're going to lose two weeks to any game, you could do far worse than the enduringly brilliant Banjo Kazooie. For anyone not familiar, Rare's 1998 Nintendo 64 adventure game essentially involved playing as a friendly bear with a large red bird on his back (the titular Banjo and Kazooie) and going on an adventure to rescue Banjo's sister from an evil witch.

It. Was. Awesome.

The Last of Us is now streaming on HBO Max with new episodes airing weekly on Sunday nights on HBO.

View the full article

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now