Rockabilly?

LadyLuck

I'm sorry if this isn't the right forum to bring this up or not. I was wondering if anyone else out there digs rockabilly. I'm personally a big fan of the genre. With so many greats that came out of it, like Johnny Cash, Eddie Cochran, Jerry Lee Lewis, and even the newer artists, like Brian Setzer, you'd think more people would be into it. In my opinion, one of the best gets so over looked now a days, I speak of Brian Setzer. I just flat out admire his guitar playing and song writing skills. Some will say that rockabilly died out in the '50's and it the mainstream, it might have, but Setzer has kept it going since the late '70's with the Stray Cats and into now a days with the Brian Setzer Orchestra. Just very cool stuff. Anyone else agree?

PS: sorry again, if this isn't the right forum to post this. I tried to find other threads on Setzer, but couldn't :(

There are rockabilly fans here for sure...I don't know much about Brian Seltzer - do you have any links to his music? Welcome to Beatking, Lady Luck :)

There are rockabilly fans here for sure...I don't know much about Brian Seltzer - do you have any links to his music? Welcome to Beatking, Lady Luck :)

Wow, thank you for the warm welcome. I appreciate that.

About any links to his music, the only one I could find (easily..haha) was on MySpace, his music. I'm kinda of hesitate to post that link, though. I do not want to be considered spam :(

Wow, thank you for the warm welcome. I appreciate that.

About any links to his music, the only one I could find (easily..haha) was on MySpace, his music. I'm kinda of hesitate to post that link, though. I do not want to be considered spam :(

Music isnt spam, even if its Myspace. Does he have a website?

That is a professional opinion from a person that knows spam 4sure! :lol:

I like some rockabilly but haven't listened to Brian Seltzer. Eddie Cochran is great in that genre.

Well put, my friend :D

If you like Cochran, you might dig Setzer. He was heavily influenced by Eddie, from what I've heard at least.

Setzer is a real showman, and probably best remembered from when he played with the stray cats. His newer music has a lot of old rockabilly, with a smattering of big band thrown in.

The Stray Cats were great...

A quick search on Ares turned up a lot of songs. In the mood is a great one with a big band sound.

First thing, I'm not familiar with Ares. What is that? Enlighten me :D

Second thing, In The Mood is definitely a great song.

True Koop. I picked up a few Stray albums today just for the heck of it.

Now playing (She's) Sexy and 17.

That's great. I don't think you'll be disappointed :thumbsup:

I love that song. My boyfriend told me that "(She's) Sexy & 17" reminded him of me, since I met him when I was still 17...haha. Kinda one of our songs now.

Hey man that's Marty Stuart.

He was married to Johnny's daughter at one point.

edit - and for that matter, Seltzer dresses no different.

He dresses like that sometimes, but it doesn't seem as cheesy :thumbsup:

Found this vid, you might like it

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sorry if this isn't the right forum to bring this up or not. I was wondering if anyone else out there digs rockabilly. I'm personally a big fan of the genre. With so many greats that came out of it, like Johnny Cash, Eddie Cochran, Jerry Lee Lewis, and even the newer artists, like Brian Setzer, you'd think more people would be into it. In my opinion, one of the best gets so over looked now a days, I speak of Brian Setzer. I just flat out admire his guitar playing and song writing skills. Some will say that rockabilly died out in the '50's and it the mainstream, it might have, but Setzer has kept it going since the late '70's with the Stray Cats and into now a days with the Brian Setzer Orchestra. Just very cool stuff. Anyone else agree?

PS: sorry again, if this isn't the right forum to post this. I tried to find other threads on Setzer, but couldn't :(

Rockabilly was in the beginning........ as was Blues, Rhythm and Blues and more. These were the true measures of Rock 'n' Roll. If you're interested in learning more, you can read my book... it's on the Internet....complete.....

http://www.boxcarbook.com/

Setzer has been probably the largest promoter of the music and has contributed to many new forms and combinations in the last few decades. His influence came from Gene Vincent and Eddie Cochran... who, like many Rockabilly artist's, died young.

Marty wasn't married to Rosanne Cash he is married to Connie Smith. I believe that your confusing him with Rodney Crowell........Both good artists and producers in their own right. Both of them are constantly reminding us of the original Country Music, instead of the crap we hear today......... slummy looking band, with long hair, playing fuzz................ oh yeah..............must be country .

• 3 weeks later...