enough is enough

rainbowdemon

Stand up and speak out!

State and federal cigarette taxes have been raised 73 times since the year 2000. Increasing the average price of cigarettes 80% a pack.

Everyone should pay their fair share of taxes. But it's unfair to single out smokers once again for a 156% tax increase.

Tell Congress they're going too far.

Let Congress know targeting smokers with a $6.10 a carton tax hike is going too far.

Say No To Higher Cigarette Taxes!

Visit stoptheFETincrease.com or call 1.866.4494

I might complain about the tax if the government eased the restrictions on the import of the only smoke worth smoking--Gudang Garam cloves.

surya_161.jpg

But Indonesia is the world's largest Muslim nation you know, and thus a very dangerous thing to buy cigarettes from Muslims it is now--the government has put so many restrictions on importing/paying for them they're becoming rare as hen's teeth...

???

Given the proportion of people killed by smoking vs. terrorism, cigarettes could easily be "their" new tactic :p

England has just gone smoke-free, which as a non-smoker is a blessing. Lots of smokers also praise it as it will give them more incentive to kick it. Probably a minority, but a lot more than you might think.

Here is what fags look like now after a new EU law a few years ago:

050612_english_fag_warning.jpg

I guess thanks to private health insurance in the US, the choice to smoke is much more personnel. In saying that, tax on smokes outweighs the NHS cost nearly 5 to 1.

I realize that smoking is a bad habit. I realize that it is unhealthy, I realize second hand smoke blah blah blah...

Fuck.... off.

If I want to clog my arteries and lungs, so be it. There isn't a ban on cheeseburgers, and they kill in many of the same ways. People don't bitch about cheeseburgers all day.

I don't even smoke, but I have to recognize that any law or action that tells someone that they can't do something is just that... a law or action prohibiting a personal decision and behavior.

To me, it's in the same bag as a local law here which was recently passed in which people will be ticketed for parking their cars on their lawn.

What?

It's my car, it's my lawn, fuck you!

... off I go for re-education.

99.9999% of greeks smoke. There are bans but except for hospitals and similar places, noone cares about them. Even the lawmakers

Very funny but true. Even the non-smoking section of cafes and restaurants have ashtrays