The Real Tuesday Weld - (Return I Will To Old) Brazil/Bathtube In Clerkenwell/The Ugly & The Beautiful

DudeAsInCool

"The Real Tuesday Weld is a British band, fronted by lead singer and founder Stephen Coates. They are known for producing jazzy cabaret-style music with subtle electronica influences, a style dubbed "antique beat" by Coates. The band is named after American film actress Tuesday Weld. Coates once had a dream involving Weld and 30s vocalist Al Bowlly. Coates and others often cite the dream as inspiration for the band and its particular style. - Wikipedia

The videos are as sophisticated as the music - check it out.

Bonus - Off the new album, The London Book of the Dead, due out soon

Here is some more info on the band from the BBC:

Stephen Coates is a man after your grandmother’s heart. “Thirties music doesn’t sound old-fashioned to me,” he says. “It blows a lot of contemporary stuff away.” The past is present in the music he makes as (The Real) Tuesday Weld, thanks to his grandfather who was in a dance band and played the young Coates jazz.

“The song structures soaked in, so when I started to make music and mixed them with other things I like - Serge Gainsbourg and electronica - I created ‘antique beat’.” Its unique sound wooed the granny of a member of staff at his record company, Pias, as well as DJs like Norman Cook, whom Coates hadn’t heard of before. He says he knows more about Al Bowlly, “Britain’s first pop star”, than he does about dance music. But you wouldn’t know it.

Read More

Well done but not really to my taste. (I have no taste. lol)

I did like your hat in the first video, Dude. That was also a cute chick you were hittin' on. :lol:

That wasn't may hat :lol: Incidentally, that short video won a prize at Sundance.

I still think it's your hat. :lol:

I've won a prize a few times. :happy:

at shooting matches. :lol:

I bet you did. I've done my scoring in other areas :lol:

You want me to have your electricity turned off??? again???? :lol:

:lol: The DWP already has plans to do so..stay tuned for another power outtage...soon

:lol: The DWP already has plans to do so..stay tuned for another power outtage...soon

What does DWP stand for?

Don't Want Pollution?

Damn Whore Politicians?

Dark When Powerless?

Dipshits Will Prevail?

Democrats Without Plan?

Dumb Western Politics?

I know....

Dude Without Power? :lol:

What does DWP stand for?

Dude Without Power? :lol:

Touche.