I'm Still Alive!

Cerebral_Assassin

You know.......they say when the world ends and all mankind is gone there will be nothing left but Hostess Twinkies and cockroaches. Well, I ain't a Twinkie. :lol:

I am sorry that I haven't posted sooner but I ran into a little problem right after my last post on January 8th. I had told you all that I was congested a lot and so on, well it wasn't congestion, or the flu or such. I was filling up with fluid from congestive heart failure. On January 15th my wife came home and I asked her to take me to the hospital to get a shot or some anti-biotics for what I thought was the flu, and they immediately did bloodwork, x-rays and so on and so on......I was at "sudden death stage", if I had waited another day I more than likely would not be typing this. My heart rate was staying way too high, working itself to death but not getting anything done.......kinda like me :lol: , they admitted me and did surgery on me once again.....this time I got me a Pacemaker/Defibrillator implanted, they call them an ICD. So far it has worked wonders. I feel great, can't really do anything except go for walks and such.....am only allowed to lift 15 pounds maximum. I get to do "light" housework, dusting, put the dishes in the dishwasher etc. My left arm had been bothering me lately and I was getting a lot of numbness in my hand.....my family Dr. sent me for an EMG and they have diagnosed me with neuropathy in my arm......I have to go to see a neurologist in a couple weeks, they may do surgery on my arm.......oh boy! another scar! Anyways, I just wanted to check in and let everyone know that I am alive and somewhat well, hopefully I can get here more. Thanks for everything, you are a great bunch! :thumbsup:

Looks like you are making good progress, CA - godspeed on more. :thumbsup:

As you know, you have a lot of fans here - we missed you and are glad to see you alive and kicking :)

While I'm somewhat disappointed that my choice in the pool [got a sex-change and moved to Brazil] was way off, I'm glad to hear you're still kicking. Keep soldiering on sir.

very pleased to see you back here, Cerebral. i was gonna PM you some time back but that meant that i had to come back here again and /that/ means that the next time, when i have more time, my 'new posts' list won't show what i've missed from before i logged in to PM.

nb: i understand the above and if nobody else does, well, sorry.

Slum, what in the hell are you talking about??

:lol:

do you think i even know what i'm on about? :lol: ok, if i remember something i wanted to say after i've left BK or if i wanted to PM someone but forgot, if i come back to post or PM and don't hit 'new posts' (cause i don't have the time to read them), the next time i come back, the new posts that i missed reading the last time won't show up (if nobody else commented on them in the interim). and the only way i can see if i've missed anything is going down through all the forums and checking the last date or whatever, very time-consuming.

i hope that makes sense? :unsure::blink: