Paul McCartney - Live At Amoeba Records

I'm really sorry I missed this show - Paul McCartney played unscripted for an hour and half, and provided the crowd with a history of The Beatles, some of whom were in the house! For 300 people, no less in my own fucking back yard...at the same record store I saw The Raconteurs play earlier in the year. Lefsetz was there and provides a review of the show and a running commentary as to what it was like to grow up with The Beatles:

"It was positively MINDBLOWING!

If you weren't at least ten or eleven back in '64 you've got no idea, you've got no concept of BEATLEMANIA!

And that's what was in evidence this evening at possibly the world's most famous record store. I mean I'm standing with Felice and Peter Paterno and you can hear WHISPERS! In the row behind us, it's RINGO!

Yup, Ringofuckingstarr. With his cropped hair and sunglasses. Barbara Bach at his side. Smiling like he's in the sequel of "A Hard Day's Night".

And next to Ringo it's Olivia Harrison. And next to her Barbara Orbison. And then Jeff Lynne. And, right behind them, leaning against the bin, was Joe Walsh. You see they remembered. When we all had short hair and loved to play baseball and suddenly "I Want To Hold Your Hand" came over the radio and our lives changed...FOREVER!"

Read More

Here's the tracklist and a photo from the event:

'Drive My Car'

'Only Mama Knows'

'Dance Tonight'

'C Moon'

'The Long And Winding Road'

'I'll Follow The Sun'

'Calico Skies'

'That Was Me'

'Blackbird'

'Here Today'