Silver Convention-Fly Robin Fly

Sir Droopy

Silver Convention, a German group, scored two major U.S. hit singles. "Fly, Robin, Fly" whose complete lyrics consisted of only six words, spent three weeks at number 1 in 1975, and won the group a Grammy Award for Best R&B Instrumental Performance. Old school disco right here

watch it

http://www.dailymotion.com/SirDroopy/video...tionflyrobinfly

download the video

http://rapidshare.com/files/39503030/SILVE..._Robin_Fly.mpeg

silverconvention2.jpg

this came out at the height of disco. i always thought the words were trite, but the music itself is catchy. our local news channel took the orchestra theme as its opening and closing song

• 2 weeks later...

I'll keep this one. :)

I wish the vid had more of Kenny Roberts on his TZ750 Yamaha. I roadraced motorcycles a little back in the day and he was my hero. He wore an expensive imported helmet that was super strong and very lightweight. I forget what brand or model it was but I special ordered myself one just like it. :lol:

I even went to Daytona in 1978 and watched him win the Daytona 200 which is a premier race in the world of motorcycle roadracing. We blew out all 4 tires on a Mustang Cobra during the trip getting there. Everytime a tire would blow we would get a new one and drive faster to make up for lost time. When the right rear tire blew it tore up the rear bumper, quarter panel, tail light and I don't remember what all else. Damn those were good times. Bike week in Daytona is a blast.

I also went in 1981 but Kenny didn't win that year. Dale Singleton won riding a Yamaha TZ750 like the one Kenny rode.

Kenny won again in 1983 and 1984 but I didn't go those yrs. I only went in 1978 and 1981.

Thanks for the vid!