Wrestler, family dead: Bodies of Benoit, wife and son discovered in Ga. home

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. (AP) -- WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife, and son were found dead Monday and police said they were investigating the deaths as a murder-suicide.

Detective Bo Turner told television station WAGA that the case was being treated as a murder-suicide, but said that couldn't be confirmed until evidence was examined by a crime lab.

The station said that investigators believe the 40-year-old Benoit killed his wife, Nancy, and 7-year-old son, Daniel, over the weekend, then himself on Monday. A neighbor called police, and the bodies were found in three rooms.

Read entire story here.

Sad situation.

I read through several pages of a wrestling fan forum just now. That thread is already almost 300 pages long. I've never seen people more out of touch with reality. Some of the wild speculation and reverse logic was shocking.

He was a great wrestler but, to me, that is overshadowed by the fact that he killed his child.

One rabid fan suggested he feared Benoit had killed McMahon and then went on this rampage out of guilt.

Bear in mind Shawn, these are the same people who believe wrestling is real!!

:icon_mad:

Unscripted.

It's choreographed... the outcome is decided... but those crazy bastards whup the shit out of each other.

I agree with Frank Shamrock - "If anyone is gonna drop me on my head, they have to earn it."

I agree with Frank Shamrock - "If anyone is gonna drop me on my head, they have to earn it."

I have to admit I've never heard of him. Ken Shamrock's dad or brother?

• 1 month later...

Order of deaths key to wrestler's estate

ATLANTA - The future of pro wrestler Chris Benoit's millions could come down to the timing of a horrible crime: Did Benoit — having taken high doses of steroids — strangle his wife and then their young son before killing himself, or did the boy die first?

Lawyers for Benoit's mother-in-law, Maureen Toffoloni, filed a petition last week asking a court to determine the order of the deaths, which could affect whether she gets any of the estate.

Neither Benoit nor his wife left a will, so the death order could mean the difference in whether Toffoloni or Benoit's children from a previous marriage inherit the two homes, several bank and investment accounts and other assets estimated to be worth millions. Lawyers in the case declined Wednesday to provide an exact value.

Read entire story here.