Michael Moore's 'Sicko' Leaked On The Web

DudeAsInCool

Michael Moore's 'Sicko' Leaked Onto Web: Every Movie Marketer's Worst Nightmare Becomes Grim Reality for Weinstein Company

LOS ANGELES (AdAge.com) -- Michael Moore's new documentary "Sicko" has been pirated and is now widely available for download on peer-to-peer content sites like www.thepiratebay.org.

Read More

Watch an interview with Michael Moore on the subject HERE.

Lol...

Guess we'll find out if he's more about the message than the money, eh?

He said he doesnt agree with the copyright laws--Im with him on that and I work in the industry

so far, i've totally agreed w/everything MM's come out w/. let this shit blow the head offa the so-called 'health care' industry. bastards!

i get better care from the (free even to me) NHS than i would back in the States.

"As long as they aren't doing it to make a profit... I would oppose that"

Uh... yeah.

Isn't that what copyright was supposed to be about? Not letting someone else PROFIT from your work?

The copyright rules have become corporitized in recent years. Originally copyright was a temporary thing (39 years or so)...which would lapse so new artists could grow from it--now the corporations have gone back to congress and extended ownerhship for so long, that in some cases it hurts the artists, who cant even get their own work back.

But specifically to your question here, Moore doesnt mind people watching his documentaries for free on their own... as long as they arent making multiple copies for sale for profit.

The copyright rules have become corporitized in recent years. Originally copyright was a temporary thing (39 years or so)...which would lapse so new artists could grow from it--now the corporations have gone back to congress and extended ownerhship for so long, that in some cases it hurts the artists, who cant even get their own work back.

But specifically to your question here, Moore doesnt mind people watching his documentaries for free on their own... as long as they arent making multiple copies for sale for profit.

:icon_mad:

Goof!

Isn't that what copyright was supposed to be about?

Past tense... was. The original intention has been bastardized.

In the clip he states that he believes that "art and information" should be shared freely.

And I can totally agree that people should not profit off of the works of others.

• 2 weeks later...

CNN: Moore's "Sicko" Facts Check Out

Michael Moore's "Sicko," which opened nationwide Friday, is filled with horror stories of people who are deprived of medical service because they can't afford it or haven't been able to navigate the murky waters of managed care in the United States.

It compares American health care with the universal coverage systems in Canada, France, the United Kingdom and Cuba.

Moore covers a lot of ground. Our team investigated some of the claims put forth in his film. We found that his numbers were mostly right, but his arguments could use a little more context. As we dug deep to uncover the numbers, we found surprisingly few inaccuracies in the film. In fact, most pundits or health-care experts we spoke to spent more time on errors of omission rather than disputing the actual claims in the film.

Read More

There are many, many problems with the NHS, but given that leaving people without insurance to die is the alternative, I'm fully behind it. A society can not call itself civilised when it leaves people to die because they can't afford medician - let alone people dying when they have been paying.

However, I should also point out that Americans also pull together in times of crisis better than any other country. You hear of communities all pulling together to help people more than any other country I can name. Europeans are more likely to rely on their government than give money themselves.

There are many, many problems with the NHS, but given that leaving people without insurance to die is the alternative, I'm fully behind it. A society can not call itself civilised when it leaves people to die because they can't afford medician - let alone people dying when they have been paying.

However, I should also point out that Americans also pull together in times of crisis better than any other country. You hear of communities all pulling together to help people more than any other country I can name. Europeans are more likely to rely on their government than give money themselves.

That comes from never being satisfied with our government... maybe to the extent of not trusting them.

Well... the government ain't gonna do shit... so we better get it done. Bootstrap capitalism, bootstrap charity.

I agree with Malicious on this one although when one is in need here, everyone puts some money. I have some examples from my town as well. The thing is that this is very rare because the goverment pays for any surgery. In the US they don't that's why it is very common to hear about communities getting together.

Private health insurance is available here as well but not many people pay for it.

THANK YOU FOR SAYING, MI. :)