Help me find the song (with clip) - solved

username

The song I was looking for was It Be's That Way Sometimes, performed by Joe Simons (Denise LaSalle also made a version of the song).

Thanks for everything DudeAsInCool, vernarial and someone for hosting the clip :D

Alright, I dont know if this is a Soul/Blues/Funk/Jazz song, but couldnt find any better category.

Its an old song and all I hear from the song is "and then somebody, then somebody you love loves someone else too"

HERE IS THE CLIP

From the beginning it was pitched up a lot so it sound like helium voice, I dont know if this is the correct pitch or speed but it sounds close.

Edited by username

Thanks..

Cant find any song samples or lyrics of the song but my conclusion is it cant be him.

The clip I got sounds more like a woman from the 70's and Rusty Wellington seems to be a singer from the 50's or 60's.

Don't worry, Username, if no one gets the answer here, I will post this on MetaFilter--they've never missed yet :)

WSG at Ask MetaFilter says: "It is, without a doubt, the great Irma Thomas, the Soul Queen of New Orleans. I can't tell you the song, though." He provided several links:

Wikipedia's profile

Irma Thomas's Website

Can anyone figure ut the song with this new information?

post-9-1180892720_thumb.jpg

I sent Irma a message through her website asking if it was her and if so what the name of the song is. This is what I got back.

I am sorry to tell you that it is not me. I don't know who but they sure can sing.

Irma

I'm still looking, but most of my resources are spent on this one.

Fac21 at Metafilter suggests the following:

"i would turn to the people at numero group records. they've released several soul compilations called "eccentric soul," which feature lots of old soul gems they dug out of their collections. they seem to know their soul music pretty well, so maybe someone there will recognize your song"

http://www.numerogroup.com/contact.php

I've contacted the Numero Group, and they in turn have passed the clip on to a Southern Music expert...so we are still working on the mystery :)

Dont know how to thank you Dude for helping me so much (and you other involved too).

Hope I can help you later someday too :unsure:

no need--that's what the community is all about. in any event, I have no news yet from the numero group, yet...but i'm curious, how did you come across this particular song?

Found a old data cd with beats I probably made years ago and this song was pitched up with terrible drums and bass on.

I have no idea I made the beat and I cant remember the song either wich is strange because I like it and wouldve kept it, my music taste probably change through the years and was maybe too young to dig this then.

Been listening to some old LPs I might got it from but i barely have any left and theyre not soul.

Edit: Found two songs that got exact lyrics, Denise LaSalle and Joe Simons, song named It Be's That Way Sometimes.

I definitely thought it was a woman singing the song, but it was Joe Simons.

Edited by username

The song I was looking for was It Be's That Way Sometimes, performed by Joe Simons (Denise LaSalle also made a version of the song).

Thanks for everything DudeAsInCool, vernarial and someone for hosting the clip :D

cool :thumbsup: And we've met a few cool artists we would never have met before along the way :)

How did you figure it out?

I dont know, I searching on something on google wich led me on LaSalle, so I started looking on LaSalle's music.

Couldnt find her music anywhere but then I got this song from somewhere but didnt sound anything like the clip I had so I gave up.

It was running in the background an suddenly I heard the lyric from the clip but different performed, it was like a miracle.

So at that point I got a song title and started search wich gaved me Joe Simon.

The song starts very chewy but gets better in the middle :D