Avril Lavigne poses topless

Avril Lavigne has appeared on the front cover of Blender Magazine's June edition with her arms above her head in just a pair of black jeans with only the headline 'Hell Yeah, I'm Hot!' protecting her modesty.

The photo spread inside, which appears under the tag line 'Wild Thing', shows the 22-year-old singer wearing a short leather skirt, fishnet stockings and an open leather jacket posing with a bottle of whisky and a cigar.

The pictures are adorned with the quotes: "I used to drink like a motherf***er, but I'm more mature now."

And: "I'm very driven. I'm the kind of person who doesn't take no for an answer."

In another photograph, Avril - who is married to Sum 41 frontman Deryck Whibley - sits with her legs pulled up looking down demurely in a cream mac, patent black stilettos and stockings.

Avril's latest photo shoot could be interpreted as hypocritical, following her scathing remarks about Britney Spears using her sexuality to sell records.

The Girlfriend singer said: "I'm more about a performance, she's more about entertainment and sex, being a sex symbol and trying to look like she's having sex."

source:Bang! Showbiz

image:Reuters:UNDER HER SKIN: The cover of the June edition of Blender Magazine, in which pop star Avril Lavigne has posed topless.

post-193-1179788985_thumb.jpg

Lavigne: 'I'm Not Really Topless on Magazine Cover'...

Avril Lavigne has laughed off claims she stripped topless for the front cover of a magazine, insisting camera trickery meant she could keep her clothes on.

The pop star shocked fans by flashing her flesh on the front of Blender magazine's June edition -- particularly as she had criticized chart rivals for doing the same.

But Lavigne reveals she was actually dressed under the banner that barely covers her breasts.

She tells MTV.COM, "Actually, I'm not topless on the cover. I was wearing a tube top, and they just kind of put a banner on top of it."

source:SFGate