Does God Exist?

Malicious Intent

There seems to be a lot of discussion on the net, most notably at Digg, about the existence of god (and God in particular). It seems to be driven by a new found confidence in American atheists. With a strong Christian government, other religions all jumping about making a lot of noise and a number of recent atheist book titles, it appears the time is right for a backlash (or just joining the jumping up and down bandwagon, depending on your view).

Here is a televised debate on the subject. Quite clearly they forgot to organise an audience and dragged in a bunch of people from the local hospital, so it is worth watching for the audience Q&A at the end. The women going nuts about cancer is golden!

Part 1: Click

Part 2: Click

The atheist camp was not as polished as the theist (in this case Christian) camp. The atheist women's voice is like nails on a chalkboard and the guy became sarcastic, rather than making sensible rebuttals. Although, in his defence, the Christians said some stupid stuff about evolution.

I thought things got a bit bogged down with the morality debate. Even if every single atheist was a murderer and every theist was a saint, that still wouldn't prove the existence of a god.

If the contest was who can give the best presentation, I'd give it to the theists hands down. However, the theists said they can prove the existence of a god without referring to the Bible, which they completely failed to achieve. They didn't even prove anything after resorting to quoting the Bible, so this one has to go to the atheists.

You would think the Theists could do better than offer up child actor/turned religious zealot Kirk Cameron :) Clearly we did not evolve from nothing...what it all means, is anybody's guess.

First of all, Kirk Cameron's head is huge.

And secondly, I am someone who believes that God or any god does not exist. Like a girl correctly stated in the vid, see you in hell

Having read some of Ray Comfort's work... I figured the bible thumper's would be full of shit right form the start.

I also would like these people to produce the "scientists" that belive that evolution is a "fairy tale for adults."

Aaaaaaaaaaand... I'll finish viewing this later, as I don't have 2 hours at the moment.

*** edit ****

I failed to mention... I also think activist atheists are assholes.

Edited by Excrement_Cranium

Who knows what God is or isn't? All I know for sure is that the thought of a wizened old man in a robe, hiding behind a cosmic wall so that he won't be seen, is laughable. Anyone who has a God who is so insecure that we must praise him numerous times a day has my sympathies.

To me, the concept of God is more in tune with having a value system and a love of life...internalized within ourselves.

Who knows what God is or isn't? All I know for sure is that the thought of a wizened old man in a robe, hiding behind a cosmic wall so that he won't be seen, is laughable. Anyone who has a God who is so insecure that we must praise him numerous times a day has my sympathies.

To me, the concept of God is more in tune with having a value system and a love of life...internalized within ourselves.

amen to that, Koop. i think it was Wm S Burroughs (or Lenny Bruce) who said that if aliens or whatever came down and took a look at the inequities of the world's people, they'd demand to see the manager. and then institutionalise him/her/it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...