Wassup For The Weekend 5/11/07

DudeAsInCool

The weather has cooled down here in LA, so I'm looking forward to doing something outside this weekend - tennis, bicycling and what not. Whataboutyou?

I'll just wear my super hero costume and save some more people

Doesn't it get hot in that thing?

post-9-1178901340_thumb.jpg

We're supposed to get some rain all weekend, so I might just watch it rain. I've got the whole weekend off (actually I'm off most of the month), so I will probably read, clean house or do nothing at all.

Just working on breathing as much smoke as i can from all these dam fires.

We've been having them in LA, too

the old compaq presario that i set up in my wife`s shop crashed last nite...so i spent this morning getting it up and running again...had to replace the video card...damn nvidia!...apart from that, it`s a nice sunny day down here on the last frontier...there`s no smoke down here dude...just the smoke that i`m inhaling at the moment... :) :)

post-193-1178931139_thumb.jpg

the old compaq presario that i set up in my wife`s shop crashed last nite...so i spent this morning getting it up and running again...had to replace the video card...damn nvidia!...apart from that, it`s a nice sunny day down here on the last frontier... :) :)

If you check my avatar, you will see 'the last frontier' has already been taken :lol:

another unilateral action by the united states... :lol: :lol:

timothy leary called LA the last frontier, so i adopted it awhile ago

I have to get rocks at the horse farm in few minutes. This should be what I like to call F-U-N-FUN.

The kids have "International Night" at the rec center tonight--they are doing a presentation or something on India. Tomorrow is sort like a day off.

I want to get my new bowling ball drilled, at some point, then try it out!

spent day, yesterday at ogunquit beach in maine ... my fav beach ... love to go there before tourist ascend ... not many people there yet ... they have beautiful walkway along the cliffs, the marginal way ... water splashing along the rocks that jut out along the powerful ocean ... to a nice little perkins cove ... then spent a few hours on the beach, just listening to the waves ... ahhhhh, so very relaxing ... after that, a 2 hour walk along the beach itself ... i absolutely love that walk ... that one day made weekend for me ... thanks for asking ... :D

Had a family BBQ Friday afternoon, then went to 7 year old Brandi's softball game that evening. Had Brandi and 10 year old grandson Jimmy spend the night that night...watched wrestling match on TV with Jimmy...he knows everything about those Shakespearian actors in underwear. Had baseball games yesterday, with our 9/10 yr old Cubs winning in mid-80's heat. About 20 degrees cooler right now, feels great outside...so I'm staying inside watching baseball and movies all day.

Had a family BBQ Friday afternoon, then went to 7 year old Brandi's softball game that evening. Had Brandi and 10 year old grandson Jimmy spend the night that night...watched wrestling match on TV with Jimmy...he knows everything about those Shakespearian actors in underwear. Had baseball games yesterday, with our 9/10 yr old Cubs winning in mid-80's heat. About 20 degrees cooler right now, feels great outside...so I'm staying inside watching baseball and movies all day.

Sounds like fun. So who are the great professional wrestlers today?

Sounds like fun. So who are the great professional wrestlers today?

The Undertaker is Jimmy's favorite. He won a steel cage match by virtue of a tie going to the champion...but then two other wrestlers sneaked in and whupped up on him while he was in a weakened state, stealing his championship belt. Thankfully, Jimmy had fallen asleep by this point, otherwise he would have had a sleepless night.... :blink:

i honestly don't remember. on friday morning, one of my oldest friends here (my guest) Dave and i headed into London. Ms Freebase met us at the pub at Victoria station and we began to drink. then Dave split to meet up w/Electric Landlady and Freebird, i mean Freebase and i went down to the hotel i booked to dump our stuff, then on to Chris's to restock, refuel and reload. then it all turns into a happy haze...i know i was w/about 20 old friends on friday night and stayed up till about 12 noon on saturday, checked out late and headed down to Brixton. happy haze continued...somehow i managed to sleep from about 18,00 saturday night to 08,00 yesterday and Chris got me to the Shame Train at Victoria. but a good time was had by all. :)

Wow. SG, just reading about your weekend is exhaustive. I don't know how you do it.

Me, I worked in the belly of a factory for 12 hours Friday, 12 hours Saturday, and 12 hours Sunday. But, I am off today. :) And you know what that means....yup! Yardwork.

I knew I should have finished rockstar college!

Edited by bear

Wow. SG, just reading about your weekend is exhaustive. I don't know how you do it

the trick is to live far off from where everything's happening. of course, i weep copious tears when shit's going on for which i can't afford to visit London (like this weekend). as well, being in a place like the UK w/my American accent helps somewhat as people (including strangers) have been lovely to me, offering me rides and places to crash. but the trick of it is, one must act like a NY-er (which i was up until almost 7 years back) and be all pushy to get one's way w/one's favorite band. *proudtard*

oopsy, quiet part out loud again. oh well, lol. btw, i think you'll find that on most of the weekend threads, i've posted how i'm doing nothing apart from playing w/Hunter kitty and watching films and smoking et al.

Let's see...

Friday I got home from work around 1:00am to find a shitload of drunks in my front gate stooping it. 3 guitars, 1 conga, 1 tamborine and a kazoo...lol too funny! My husband gave me a beautiful diamond circle pendant for our 19 year anniversary... I poured a drink and joined them. Around 4, I was yelling for everyone to leave!

Had a Communion party the next day in LI. I went by myself 'cause hubby was OUT OF IT. *angry* The boys stayed with their friends... I stayed overnight at my cousin's because the party ended at 11pm adn I didn't want to take the train then but wish I would've taken the train then. I got up the next day pretty damn tired and feeling so terribly guilty. I should have been home to receive breakfast in bed..yeah .. ok.

I DID feel guilty..all I could picture were my son's faces going "where the hell is mommy". The train ride home wasn't too bad and when I got home, the kids and Dad were at church so I had a chance to take a quick power nap. They came in with cards, flowers, kisses and hugs and all was well with my world again! :happy:

Ordered Mexican food, a movie and rode the couch the rest of the day...it was a nice weekend.