Jimmie + Stevie Ray Vaughan

tpj1965

Cleveland Rocks - interview

Stevie Ray Vaughan and the FABULOUS THUNDERBIRDS

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Pipeline

Family_Style.jpg

Family Style is a blues-rock album by the Vaughan Brothers, released September 1990. The album features guitarists and vocalists Stevie Ray Vaughan and his brother Jimmie Vaughan in their first studio collaboration. It also proved to be Stevie Ray Vaughan's last studio performance. In his earlier years, Stevie Ray Vaughan often remarked that he would like to do an album with his brother. The liner notes credits end with "Thanks Mama V. for letting us play".

"Hard to Be" (S.R. Vaughan, D. Bramhall) – 4:41

"White Boots" (B. Swan, J. Leslie) – 3:50

"D/FW" (J. Vaughan) – 2:48

"Good Texan" (J. Vaughan, N. Rodgers) – 4:22

"Hillbillies From Outerspace" (J. Vaughan, S.R. Vaughan) – 3:34

"Long Way From Home" (S.R. Vaughan, D. Bramhall) – 3:15

"Tick Tock" (J. Vaughan, N. Rodgers, J.L. Williams) – 4:54

"Telephone Song" (S.R. Vaughan, D. Bramhall) – 3:28

"Baboom/Mama Said" (J. Vaughan, S.R. Vaughan, D. Freeman) – 4:29

"Brothers" (J. Vaughan, S.R. Vaughan) – 5:05

"Good Texan" from "Family Style"

Jimmie Vaughan live with the "Tilt a Whirl" Band

Jimmie Vaughan - Can't say No

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MriFbndNvnw

Jimmie With Denny Freeman on second guitar.

Jimmie Vaughan - Boom-Bapa-Boom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_GfyW2sQQQ

Jimmie Vaughan Live at the Texas Capitol

Stevie Ray Vaughan- Texas Flood

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Little Wing

If you think Pipeline was cool on video, you should have seen them do it live, like I did. Heehee. :thumbsup:

It was June of either 87 or 88, I forget now. The Mann Music Center in Philadelphia. An outdoor pavillion. SRV was the headliner and The Fabulous Thinderbirds were the undercard. Whatta a show! It was easily the best show I've ever seen as far as being 'included'. When Stevie played, it wasn't like you were listening, it was as though you were enveloped in the music. Man, I swear, I still get chills when I think about that show.

SRV was my boy. I own all his officially released stuff, and a handful of things that aren't officially released. I've always loved him, and I always will. I remember when I found out he had been killed, I was on my way home from work and heard it on the radio. I had to pull the car over. I'm not ashamed to admit, I cried like a school girl when he died.

I've enjoyed music my whole life, but Stevie Ray's guitar went deeper, and got to a place in me no other music had ever gone. I'm sure everyone has someone like that. SRV was that for me.

What makes me truly sad, though, is the fact that, for the last 17 years, there's been no Stevie Ray Vaughan. All the music that he never got to give us is what makes me sad.

Stevie had 'it'. Even the great ones knew it and acknowledged SRV. The Albert Kings and B.B. Kings and Buddy Guys and Eric Claptons of the world said he was a channel.

Stevie Ray Vaughan will be gone 17 years this August 27th. Man, I miss that guy.

*edit* Oh, and BTW, here's a drawing I did of SRV's In Step album cover:

Picture199.jpg

Edited by bear

*edit* Oh, and BTW, here's a drawing I did of SRV's In Step album cover:

Picture199.jpg

WOW, nice drawing Meth, you got skills man. :thumbsup:

Since your such a fan here are a couple more interview footage, and one hell of a funky perfomance on the defunked NBC Night Music .