What Is The Name Of This Funky Disco Song?

asphalt

i'm looking for a classic but i forgot whos it by

it's a disco funk tune:

lyrics:

this is you, telling me again, got to keep on movin up

(in a high pitch male voice) ooohh, here we go, and i know

*something something* with a prayer, i'll be there. so here i go

MO-VIN UP!

chorus:

moving up. UH! movinh up. UH UH. moving up. (brass plays)

moving up. UH! moving up. UH UH. moving up.

mov-in up. to the top!

^ something like that.

thanks

wots tpj?

tpj is our resident disco/funk expert. he's here...i sent him a pm to help ya be patient, sometimes they dont see their emails right away

:( anyone know the song yet?

I'm still hopeful that TBJ or Sir Droopy will answer the call. If not, don't worry, I will post the question at AskMetafilter...

• 2 weeks later...
thanks man! :)

Someone tried to answer, but the couldnt play the song because the bandwidth is used up...luckily someone has put up the tune onf Zshare. There was a request for more of the song... but here are the answers so far... Let me know asap so I can respond:

1) Just a wild guess without being able to hear the snippet: "Curtis Mayfield - Move On Up". It is funky 70s-style disco and fits nicely to your filename. Was part of the soundtrack of "Bend It Like Beckham" a few years ago. Could be something completely different, when listening into it, though.

posted by cwittmann at 1:15 PM on May 8

2) this sounds like a great chicago house / soul track. unfortunately, i do not have this on vinyl and so i'm flying blind. i'm going to toss this one out:

Shirley Wahls/Grp-Smash-2205-We've got to keep on movin' on/Cry myself to sleep (45) VG++,BB/Good uptempo Soul,$15 WeGotRecords

available Here. if i'm right, i want a crown

3) The band was 'Dayton', the song was 'Movin Up' from their 1982 album 'Hot Fun'. Info on the band. Part of the soundtrack to this video:

thanks man! thats the one!

you mean the one with the video? i assume so, and have notified the winner at AskMetalter. A tip of the hat to Foobario for solving the riddle.