Shanice

tpj1965

Shanice (born Shanice Lorraine Wilson on May 14, 1973 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania) is a Grammy Award nominated American R&B singer. Credited usually as simply Shanice, she hit big on mainstream radio with her 1991 hit "I Love Your Smile" for the Motown label, she also scored another Top 5 Billboard Hot 100 single in 1993 with "Saving Forever For You."

she was discovered by A&M Records at the age of eleven, and released her debut album, Discovery in 1987, which wasn't a huge pop hit, but did score R&B chart action, and the singer a 1987 Soul Train Award nomination for Best R&B/Urban Contemporary New Artist; she lost the award to R&B singer Miki Howard. Shanice went on to sign a record deal with Motown Records in 1991. Her 1991 album Inner Child includes the popular hit single "I Love Your Smile", produced by Narada Michael Walden. Also included on Inner Child is a cover of Minnie Riperton's 1974 hit "Lovin' You". This rendition helped to bring public attention to Shanice's ability to sing in high range as Minnie Riperton and Mariah Carey[1], the latter who at the start of the 90's had reintroduced the whistling technique into pop music. In 1993, she made a guest appearance on the popular television sitcom Family Matters.

After Inner Child, Shanice continued to record albums, including 21… Ways to Grow in 1994 and 1999's Shanice, produced chiefly by Babyface. On this album Shanice broke a record with her single “When I Close My Eyes”. While she has not achieved significant commercial success with her later albums, she is acknowledged as a talented singer and many of her songs appeared on various soundtracks such as Boomerang (soundtrack), Beverly Hills 90210 and The Meteor Man. She also sings backup and does studio sessions and can be heard on Toni Braxton's song "Come On Over Here" and "Un-Break My Heart." She can also be heard making vocal contributions to various video games. She is married to actor/comedian Flex Alexander, with whom she has two children: daughter Imani Shekinah and son Elijah Alexander.

Shaniilys6602468649756650.jpg

I Love Your Smile is beautifully produced - nice sax, too (is that Tom Scott?) - that's what I would call 'happy' music. The other cut seemed familiar - anyone else record it? who wrote it?

I Love Your Smile is beautifully produced - nice sax, too (is that Tom Scott?) - that's what I would call 'happy' music. The other cut seemed familiar - anyone else record it? who wrote it?

Saxophone solo by Branford Marsalis the song was done Originally by Minnie Ripperton written by Minnie Riperton Richard Rudolph.

This girl had the opportunity to be as big as Janet, she had the look and definatly the voice, love Janet but she couldn't hold a candle to this girl in a singing contest.