Kool & The Gang - Jungle boogie

tpj1965

"Jungle Boogie" is a funk song released in 1973 by Kool and the Gang on their album Wild and Peaceful. The song soared to the top ten as a single, and became hugely popular in the clubs. Today it has been heard on commercials for Capital One.

The song has been sampled on Madonna's 1992 top ten hit, "Erotica" and Janet Jackson's 1994 top ten single "You Want This". The song was also used in Quentin Tarantino's 1994 film Pulp Fiction as part of the opening credits. Jay Chandelshakar dances to this song in Beerfest.From Wikipedia

• 3 months later...

Great video, even if it is filmed like a bootleg, that must be Mr Don Boyce on vocals.

I saw Kool and the Gang in 76 on their UK tour [which was before they actually broke in the UK] and they did this one even though it flopped as a single over here.

Nowadays my kids know this track though because it's been used as the soundtrack for a long running advertising campaign and because it features in an American playstation game.

Quality shines through over the mood of the moment...

Edited by sideshow bob

Kool and the Gang had hit after hit after hit when they finally did conquer the UK. They were in the chart every year from 79 thru to 86 or so, but I prefer the early 70s stuff that was only big in the US as in those pre-punk days the American charts were much better than ours [they had Earth, Wind and Fire whilst we had Gary Glitter!]

I have a vinyl "Greatest Hits" album from 75 or so contains a fantastic track [if you like that jazz-funk era] called Let the music take your mind, but I've never heard it on the radio or anywhere else for that matter.

But maybe that's just my bizarre taste in music.

Edited by sideshow bob