French teenager injured copying US show "Jackass

Kooperman

French teenager injures himself copying US show "Jackass"

1 hour, 1 minute ago

CERGY, France (AFP) - A French teenager was hospitalised with several broken bones after he and three of his friends copied some risky stunts they had just watched on the US television show "Jackass".

The 17-year-old boy fell nearly four metres (13 feet) from the top of a parking garage which he and his friends had climbed in order to take photographs of each others' bare backsides, officers said. He suffered fractures to his wrists, knees and pelvis.

Earlier, the group had gone around their housing project complex in a northwest Paris suburb in a shopping cart while completely naked, imitating one of the key scenes of the "Jackass" series.

The television show, broadcast on the MTV channel, has led to a spate of injuries suffered by copycat teenagers in the United States and in other countries where the show is aired.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...40310130006&e=3

shouldnt take it off. People that have a brain in there head shouldnt have to suffer cause dumbasses like this do stupid shit. If they are that dumb to try that crap then maybe we dont need them around. Let them kill themselvs.

^ what I was going to say.

If we were going to take every show that someone tried to copycat off of the air, I doubt there would be anything left.

You cant blame the makers of Jackass just because some kid was stupid enough to try something like that.

Yeah, I see no point in blaming the idiots on the show for what the other idiots are doing to try and be like them. I'm not a fan of the show, but if people are dumb enough to try this stuff, then it's no one elses fault but their own.

Remember when everyone was throwing a fit over Beavis & Butthead? Only it was younger children imitating the stupid acts. Parents were complaining about it and trying to get it pulled off the air. The way I see it, if the parents are monitoring what their children (especially really young kids) were watching they wouldn't have to worry about it.

Sam

bonk

dumb-asses are everywhere.

Right now they have this fad...car-surfing.

As the name implies ...Junior mounts the roof of his moms SUV in classic surfer pose..while his friend Eddie (the one without the drivers licence) manuevers said SUV in various ways to make poor Junior fall off.*

* usually results in death and maiming

Kinda like merging bull-riding with surfing with moto-cross.

And yet they still try it :wha': :wha':

I see this as natural selection at work as it has always been. As human our ablilty to think has been crucial for our survival since the time of our cave dwelling ancestors. These are probably the same type of idiots that back in the cavemen days would go and prod sleeping bear with stick and get eaten.

Basically if somone is too stupid to realized certain actions are harmful to his/herr own well being, as specie we are better off if they don't breed. Nature has been plucking out the weak (in this case weak minded) for millions of years and still does it.

If there is no Jackass on TV the idiots will find some other ways to express thier natural talents (and kill and maim themselves in the process). :D

awww...am I the only sick bastard that watches jackass/viva la bam. I dunno...maybe growing up skating you get into that stuff more I guess. As far as kids imitating...damn...good thing they're actively trying to rid the planet of themselves

awww...am I the only sick bastard that watches jackass/viva la bam.

The cant help it they are growing OLD, ASUM. :P

The cant help it they are growing OLD, ASUM. :P

Yeah I guess so...but you really can't watch the shows with any part of your brain on anyway...especially that mature part that always yells about responsibilities and the like

awww...am I the only sick bastard that watches jackass/viva la bam.  I dunno...maybe growing up skating you get into that stuff more I guess.  As far as kids imitating...damn...good thing they're actively trying to rid the planet of themselves

No ASU, I enjoy it also, though I barely see it anymore. One day when getting a tire replaced, I had spare time and went to check out the movie. I never cried so much with laughter. I've been hooked ever since. I just recently got into Viva La Bam. Basically, this is slapstick for the new millenium. It's modern day Three Stooges. Do we honestly think that they have no idea what they are doing? Look at what it's called. It all about the viewers. If it fails to attract, they'll take it off the air. Apparently, a large amount of people still watch it. One thing I will say is that

Mtv has too many shows and not enough music and not enough variety of music. I miss the old days. :(

I have to agree with Wolfie also. And what he points out is fine. Those of us that recognize them for what they are allow ourselves to shine (and live) that much greater.

I enjoy the stuff, although I will wince with sympathy for the more painful moments. Whatever makes me laugh is fine with me. If I have a twisted or masochistic mind, so be it. Laughter is healthy, and it's sure as hell better than watching a war on Iraq.

Getting back to the point of the thread, the Frenchman deserved what he got. There are disclaimers on every show. If he's illiterate or doesn't understand the language he's watching it in, he shouldn't be watching. If he's immature, he shouldn't be watching. Parents or guardians, no matter what country they are in, are responsible for their adolescents. This is just a method of placing the blame on someone else. Just like the Grand Theft Auto scenario. I do not say this because I enjoy the show. It's a fact and just because someone jumps off a building doesn't mean you're obligated to do so also.

:psychofun: