Slick Rick/Doug e Fresh - La Di Da di

tpj1965

References in Music

The chorus of The Notorious B.I.G.'s "Hypnotize" borrowed from this song and cuts from this song are featured in numerous other contemporary Hip-Hop songs, including "Tic Toc" by Lords of the Underground and "Night Riders" by Rahzel. A line is also featured in Biggie's group Junior M.A.F.I.A.'s hit single "Player's Anthem."

Snoop Dogg also covered this song nearly word-for-word as Lodi Dodi on his album Doggystyle. Interestingly, his single Real Talk from his album The Blue Carpet Treatment later sampled the song, saying, "Ladi Dadi/Listen everybody/We do cause trouble/And we shoot up the party/We are just some niggaz from the LBC/Fuck a gangsta up quick/On some dangeurous shit," which is opposite what he said on Doggystyle thirteen years ago.

Color Me Badd also sampled their song in their hit "I Wanna Sex You Up."

Black Sheep's song "To Whom It May Concern" off of their album A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing samples La Di Da Di.

Mindless Self Indulgence covered the song with Kenny Muhammad as The Beatboxer.

The song was remade by North Carolina underground producer DJ Ogizzie.

Silkk The Shocker and Mia X imitated the song in the chorus of "All Because Of You."

Norwegian hip-hop band Tungtvann performed a translated cover in Norwegian at the Roskilde Festival in 2001. This live version is included on their 2007 album "96%".

Korn covers the song's main lyric during the song "Ball Tongue"

Kardinal Offishall also borrows from this song, changing the lyrics, in his song Sick featuring Bounty Killer.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Di_Da_Di"

I remember this song cuz it's when I was a teen & caught up in the fashion part of life & we were the brokest family in my neighborhood...So while people were rockin' their adidas, nikes & pumas, I went to a woolworth down the street to purchase fake adidas called Wild Styles..They were spider tipped & looked kinda nice & I remember being sweated for those sneakers...I never did tell anyone where I bought them ;)