Eagles "Hotel California"

tpj1965

Hotel California is an album released by American rock band Eagles in late 1976 (see 1976 in music). It is the first Eagles album without founding member Bernie Leadon, and the first album with Joe Walsh. It is also the last album featuring original bass player and singer Randy Meisner.

TheEaglesHotelCaliforniaalbumcover.jpg

I would place it among the top 20 songs ever released.

as the Dude said in Lebowski, 'i hate the fuckin' Eagles, man'

what is it w/so many here? nostalgia? i've never had a better time in my life than i've been having in the last 6,5 years.

as the Dude said in Lebowski, 'i hate the fuckin' Eagles, man'

what is it w/so many here? nostalgia? i've never had a better time in my life than i've been having in the last 6,5 years.

Musically as well?? That's where the nostalgia comes from...The good ol' days...Not the boring and bland sounds polluting the freakin airways these days...Already had posted this but youtube deleted it...

Edited by Sir Droopy

Not the boring and bland sounds polluting the freakin airways these days.

who the hell listens to radio anymore? not i said the little tiger striped kitty. you are SO missing out on the good stuff that'll never be on radio cos the biz can't put them into one genre. ask Dude, i sent him some Alabama 3 (known as A3 in the States) and he said it was the best stuff he'd heard all year (this was sometime last year).

Everyone has their own tastes. Makes no difference to me if the music is old or new, if I like it. So, Slum, live and let live, whatever turns people on - it's all good. This is a website about music, so we should have old, new and everything inbetween.

Even though I am sick of classic rock and especialy the really famous tracks, this one is an exception. I especially like the unplugged version they did for MTV a while ago.

Everyone has their own tastes. Makes no difference to me if the music is old or new, if I like it.

i hate the images it conjures up. AFAIC, the 70s sucked and all our liberal ideas turned to shit w/Reagan (i was very much a politico back then, then the war in Vietnam ended and i quit paying attention). anyway, i realise a LOT of people here grew up during then, and they have good memories. then again i usually hate Quentin Tarantino's choice of music he uses (apart from the beginning of Pulp Fiction).

So, Slum, live and let live,

LMFAO! you don't know me very well, do you? then again Rock and Chris actually having me listening to Led Zep tunes they sent me lately.

whatever turns people on - it's all good. This is a website about music, so we should have old, new and everything inbetween.

whateverrrrrr...it's only my opinion, Dude. and at this point in time i'm used to being in the minority and really don't care. :) notice how i usually keep my mouth shut on music that i don't dig (most posted here, actually). anyway, i was into the Stones back then and everything else all hippy-dippy and or California style bored me and my friends.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Rainbow Demon. but nah, don't think so. however, Chris is still into being a Blast Tyrant (as he calls himself on FreeA3 and still listens to heavy heavy metal, thrash or whatever from the 70s, 80s and 90s). Mark and i give each other 'looks' whenever he begins and then laugh our asses off.

Since I was born in '74 I don't have to feel like a poser for prefering Greatest Hits '71-75 as a complete album.

Since I was born in '74 I don't have to feel like a poser for prefering Greatest Hits '71-75 as a complete album.

This, and Elton John's first G.H. album, were the first two I ever own, ever. I prefer the 71-75 album as well.

The 71-75 album stands the test of time, to this day, 30 years later.

The Eagles were great storytellers. They could capture a person's emotions and circumstance in a few lines.

From Lyin' Eyes:

She gets up an’ pours herself a strong one,

an’ stares out at the stars up in the sky.

Another night it’s gonna be a long one,

she draws the shade and hangs her head to cry.

She wonders how it ever got this crazy,

she thinks about a boy she knew in school.

Did she get tired, or did she just get lazy,

she’s so far gone she feels just like a fool.

A stark picture painted of a woman trapped by her own design. The line 'she thinks about a boy she knew in school', is especially poignant, because for a second, she's taken bakc to a time when she was free.

I was working at a record store when that album came out--they played it to death, so I prefer some of the earlier Eagle's records, and some of the solo stuff that came afterwards

But seriously, S.G.

Were they A3 renditions of Zeppelin songs? Wouldn't mind hearing a little of that.

nope, not at all.

The only A3 I've ever heard is The Soprano's theme song.

i've posted so many on my site it's pathetic. if you care to look you'll find them amongst the category 'rock around the clock' (not all are A3 tunes; there's things like jane's addiction and many other bands, to fit whatever i'm talking about). i've got over 500 versions of their album stuff cos they're never satisfied and keep doing them in other ways ('sweet pretty fuckin' techno gospel country western music all night long') i love the gospel based stuff the best but can't post them anywhere cos they haven't been released yet.

then again, a lot of people don't dig the drug references nor the political stuff. to each his/her own.