Beatking will go away for a few months

method77

As many of you know, Beatfactory is the owner of the domain since 2003. As many of you also know, he has been away for a long time and only drops by once a month to post some of his stuff and then disappears again.

The rest of the admins decided a while ago, since we pay for the site, that the domain should be switched over to us. Seemed like a logical idea although Beatfactory did not approve. I thought it was a joke and laughed at his first answer. No. It was no joke. Dude called me up and told me that they talked over the phone and he was threatening us that he will take the site down and take everything with him. Legally he can do that.

We tried to bargain and give him a few extra dollars but he never agreed. Dude even drove to Texas but he didn't succeed. Beatfactory was nowhere to be found.

This has been going on for a few months and has to end. Our efforts are no good.

So, Beatking will go down very soon and all the posts are going down with the name.

We will post any good news if we have but I don't think we will.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to let down the Beatking community, but we have no control over the situation. I guess it was fun while it lasted..

:rip1: Beatking

oh shit!!..just when i was starting to enjoy bk again.....can`t we start another site??....i`m more than willing to contribute financially....i just can`t, no, WON`T go back to zp....

there`s no hint of pressure on beatfactory from somewhere is there dude?..after all..the site is based in texas..and we are inclined to the liberal side of things in a lot of our commentary.....

Are there any alternatives?

Maybe Beatfactory will come to his senses... It's too difficult to create a whole new site

Man..of all the sites I was anticipating closing next that I frequent, this was one of the last. At least keep your email accounts open at the other sites we go to so we can keep in touch, even if we're not posting in the actual forums. There's always P2PC too.

Best of luck guys. It's been fun.

I wish all the best to all of you.

3 things to remember:

Whenever you face a tough decision......you can never go wrong choosing the larger caliber.

No matter what the problem is, the solution is bigger guns and more ammo.

Peace is achieved through superior firepower.

You all are a bunch of great incorrect voting individuals. Come see me. Bring cash.

This place would have been a roach-infested hole in the wall if Beatfactory had run it all these years. Only the personalities and determination of the guys who took over for him have made this site into what it has become. They've attracted a loyal group of friends who have continued to return, day after day, to contribute their time and thoughts, and to interact with each other. Beatfactory contributed little or nothing to this effort, other than his vain self-stroking comments. Yes, he did put the site up, that can't be denied...but it would have collapsed like a tent in a hurricane without all the rest of us.

So take your little toy home with you like a petulant child, Beatfactory, and see how cold and empty it feels without the real, diverse group of people who have actually made this into a community.

Damn.

Best music site i've come across on the net aswell.

Been good in the short time i've been here though.

In all fairness, Koop, Beatfactory's posts, particularly the lyrics, have attracted alot of our traffic. On any given day go and take a look at the people online, and his posts are always lit up, even when he is busy with school. Keep in mind that his vision was to have a site that would appeal to everyone, all kinds of people, all types of music--we may have built it, but that vision has been the key to what hopefully makes that site work. BF was about inclusion, not exclusion, which if you recall was why we all left ZP

That said, hopefully someone can reach out to him and have him change his mind about not sharing the domain--and get him busy on building all those great lyrics threads, etc, and working together with us again