AceMyth Drops Massive ‘Gods & Robots’ Mix & Self-Released Single “Break It Down” [LISTEN]

NelsonG

AceMyth is one of those artists that has worked the lockdown to his advantage to push his sound and brand forward. The progress is heard loud and clear in his brand new mix, Gods & Robots, as well as his latest single just unleashed today, “Break It Down.”

First up, let’s talk Gods & Robots, which AceMyth describes to be more of a “cinematic bass adventure” than a standard mix. Playing through the hour-long journey, which includes the new “Gods & Robots Theme” and a handful of AceMyth IDs and edits, we’re also treated to a range of heavy-hitting selects from Eliminate, Quix, G-Rex, Tisoki, DirtySnatcha, Computa, Super Future and many more.

AceMyth’s self-released single out now, “Break It Down,” keeps the energy going with classic rave synths and relentless drops. The Detroit-based producer’s signature dark and aggressive spin on bass music results in a “punchy dubstep smasher” sure to blow some minds at festivals and shows alike.

All Gods, Robots, and killer drops aside, the emerging AceMyth project stands for so much more as he rallies a community of forward-thinking bass heads. Scroll down to hear what’s he has going on in his own words, and be sure to link up with this rising talent below! This certainly won’t be the last time we hear the name AceMyth.

AceMyth – Gods & Robots Mix

Acemyth – “Break It Down”

First up, how has this year been for growing the AceMyth project and sound?

The last year has been a difficult time but quarantine was a blessing in disguise for me. When lockdown started I went into the studio for months and came out with some of my best works including “Combustion” and “Damage”. After several years of development I finally found the sound I was always looking for; dark, powerful, groovy, melodic, bombastic bass music. Everything has been falling into place since then.

What do you hope listeners take away from your music or when attending your shows?

AceMyth is a collaboration of music, technology and primal human instinct. When you hear an AceMyth song or come to a show I want you to feel stronger, faster, more alive than ever before. I want it to be a mythical, life-changing experience. I want to wake you up and help unleash your inner power and advance your evolution towards your final form as a being. Together we help each other grow and build a community of forward-thinking bass heads.

Tell us about the mix, Gods & Robots! 

The mix is called “Gods & Robots” and the idea was to tell a complete story. It’s like the score to a non-existent action movie about a war between heroes, villains, vengeful gods, killer robots and horrific alien monsters. The mix opens with an original orchestral theme and some unreleased tracks, and my other tunes are sprinkled throughout. My plan is to make this an ongoing series so look out for “Volume 2.”

And the new single, “Break It Down” is a self-release — what’s that like versus releasing with a label?

Working with labels has a lot of upsides; access to an established fanbase, brand-name recognition, live performance opportunities, etc… However there are several advantages to self-releasing; I am in complete control of the creative direction, the master, the artwork, the distribution methods, and I retain all of the royalties. I think an artist in my position should be doing both.

What can we expect from AceMyth in 2021?

I have a few dozen tracks that we are shopping around right now and figuring out the best ways to release them. I’m also working on things like a new merch line and a sample pack that will be out this summer. My plan is to be back on the road by the end of the year and working on a proper album or EP. In the meantime we’re going to keep doing the Mythic Livestream, the monthly streaming series that I host on my Twitch channel AceMythTV.

Anything else you want to plug / share?

I welcome you all to come join our Facebook Group called the “MythFam” where we are building a community of artists, music lovers and festival goers. Also I am working on starting a clothing brand and label that I will share more details about soon.

Connect with AceMyth

SoundCloud | Spotify | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

This article was first published on Your EDM. Source: AceMyth Drops Massive ‘Gods & Robots’ Mix & Self-Released Single “Break It Down” [LISTEN]

View the full article