MASTERIA Debuts New Music & Mindset with “Escape Reality” [LISTEN + INTERVIEW]

NelsonG

Today, Detroit-based talent MASTERIA unleashes his latest production, “Escape Reality.”

Dark, high-intensity music is the name of MASTERIA’s game, but there underlies a deeper meaning — escaping from reality and encouraging listeners to create their own. The producer’s new single provides just that, also embracing the intention of the MASTERIA project at its core.

The release seamlessly blends elements of techno with MASTERIA’s signature dark bass house sound to produce a result that is sure to transport listeners into a whole new world. With warehouse-ready, acid-laced design, “Escape Reality” sets the bar high for immersive music experiences.

MASTERIA shares:

Music has always been an escape from reality for me. Whether it was making it through tough times as a child or finding a way to push through the day at the corporate jobs I resented, music was always there. My goal for this project is to create art that provides that same escape for my fans and inspires them to overcome whatever constraints life has placed on them and create their own reality.

He expands on all this and more in the interview below. Listen here and scroll down to catch up on all things MASTERIA!

MASTERIA – “Escape Reality”

First up, how has it been spending a year in lockdown and now seeing that light at the end of the tunnel?

This past year has had its ups and downs for sure, but overall I think it’s been a blessing in many ways. One of the biggest benefits is I’ve been able to connect with way more of my fans online. Whether its music feedback streams, DJ sets, through my Patreon page, or just chatting with them in my MASTERIA’s Underground community on Facebook, I think the pandemic has brought so many of us much closer together thanks to the internet.

You describe the MASTERIA project as an escape from reality, can you expand on that?

For as long as I can remember, music has always felt like an escape from reality for me. When we hear music we love, I think it does something special to us. It can transport us somewhere else, away from all the stresses and worries of our everyday life.

I started this project to create that same escape for my listeners. To create art that makes them forget about the responsibilities from their job, their stresses about school, their worries about the future or anything else that takes them out of the present moment. I want them to be completely immersed in the music, living in the present and loving every moment of it.

My goal for this project is also to show people that you don’t have to just be a byproduct of your reality. Oftentimes the expectations or opinions of others hold us back – our parents wanting us to be one thing, our friends thinking we can’t do something else, ect. It took me a long time to realize how much I was letting the opinions of others hold me back, until I started MASTERIA.

It made me realize that we’re capable of anything we put our mind to, and that the only limits in life are those we put on ourselves. I want my project to show people that they really can do anything, and that they can overcome whatever aspects of their reality are holding them back.

Proudly hailing from Detroit, what is it like representing a city deeply rooted in dance music?

It is such a blessing. I’ve always lived close to Detroit, so I was exposed to electronic music at a pretty young age. My first music festival was Movement in Detroit, which happens downtown every year in the heart of the city. It opened my eyes to so many diverse styles of house and techno music at a young age and I have been absolutely hooked since then.

Living in the heart of the city these past few years has been amazing.

Every weekend we have so many different styles of DJ’s playing around the city, and being that this is the birthplace of techno, there are so many legends come through which is just unreal. It is also pretty inspirational to just see how passionate people in Detroit are about electronic music and how supportive everyone is in the scene here. It really feels a bit like a big family where we’re all connected over our shared interest of this art.

As one of our Artists to Watch, what can we expect from MASTERIA in 2021?

It is an absolute HONOR to be placed on your Artists to Watch list. Seriously, so thankful. But this year you can expect a lot of new music, some big collaborations, and many more remixes. I’m also working on some really special merch and some big shows all around the country. Stay tuned!

Connect with MASTERIA

SoundCloud | Spotify | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

This article was first published on Your EDM. Source: MASTERIA Debuts New Music & Mindset with “Escape Reality” [LISTEN + INTERVIEW]

View the full article