Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

BLACK LIVES MATTER! ×
BLACK LIVES MATTER!

Prosecutor Who Claimed Adam Toledo Was Armed Is Placed On Leave


Amber

Recommended Posts

The Chicago prosecutor who claimed that 13-year-old that Adam Toledo was holding a firearm when he was fatally shot by police, has been placed on leave.

Earlier this week, the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office defended the prosecutor by saying that he "failed to fully inform himself" before the court hearing.

“An attorney who works in this office failed to fully inform himself before speaking in court,” the spokesperson said. “Errors like that cannot happen and this has been addressed with the individual involved. The video speaks for itself."

Adam Toledo, Daunte Wright
Michael Ciaglo / Getty Images

Sarah Sinovic, a spokeswoman for the prosecutor, confirmed to The Hill that he was placed on leave.

“In court last week, an attorney in our office failed to fully present the facts surrounding the death of a 13-year-old boy,” Sinovic said. “We have put that individual on leave and are conducting an internal investigation into the matter."

Chicago’s Civilian Office of Police Accountability released body-cam footage of the killing, Thursday, that showed Toledo had dropped the weapon and surrendered before officer Eric Stillman fired one shot into his chest.

Following the release of the footage, and in wake of Daunte Wright's recent death, the Derek Chauvin trial, and the countless killings committed by police officers, protests erupted.

[Via]

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/realhotnewhiphop/~4/rvJYCdTeXfE

View the full article

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Our picks

    • Wait, Burning Man is going online-only? What does that even look like?
      You could have been forgiven for missing the announcement that actual physical Burning Man has been canceled for this year, if not next. Firstly, the nonprofit Burning Man organization, known affectionately to insiders as the Borg, posted it after 5 p.m. PT Friday. That, even in the COVID-19 era, is the traditional time to push out news when you don't want much media attention. 
      But secondly, you may have missed its cancellation because the Borg is being careful not to use the C-word. The announcement was neutrally titled "The Burning Man Multiverse in 2020." Even as it offers refunds to early ticket buyers, considers layoffs and other belt-tightening measures, and can't even commit to a physical event in 2021, the Borg is making lemonade by focusing on an online-only version of Black Rock City this coming August.    Read more...
      More about Burning Man, Tech, Web Culture, and Live EventsView the full article
      • 0 replies
    • Post in What Are You Listening To?
      Post in What Are You Listening To?
    • Post in What Are You Listening To?
      Post in What Are You Listening To?
    • Post in What Are You Listening To?
      Post in What Are You Listening To?
    • Post in What Are You Listening To?
      Post in What Are You Listening To?
×
×
  • Create New...