update, i am alive

nate

I'm finally hitting the classroom, by fall i should be student teaching. i took up photography, i have a basement darkroom. family is doing good, i'm pretty happy overall.

here are some photo albums at facebook

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=188&...mp;id=506888923

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=611&...mp;id=506888923

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=382&...mp;id=506888923

my brother has a band and cd, available here Clovis Mann(with samples). they tour wisconsin, wyoming, and colorado (or dan does by himself)

http://www.clovismann.com/

post-267-1171146082_thumb.jpg

You and the family are looking good. I will check out your brother' band sometime this weekend and welcome back :)

ps, your kid does look like superboy...maybe that's a future gig for him :)

Glad to see nate back. His underground work over the last 2 or 3 years has been pivotal in undermining the Bush administration. Now he's going to teach America's children to recognize genially moronic despots in order to assure none are ever again elected to the presidency...or was it finger painting he's going to teach? Clue us in nate...what level and what area of teaching.

the license i'm working on now is history/social studies 6-12, though i could do english 6-12 or biology

i'll have to do biology if those intelligent design morons ever get a foothold nearby

Edited by nate

Hi notbob, I'm glad to see you are doing well. I've missed your posts on ZP but I don't suppose you will be back there ever, but just so you know anyway. It's good to get an update.

and thanks to Dude for pointing this out to me.

first day went great, this is going to work. 4 6th grade reading class sessions. "where the red fern grows" and i thought the 6th graders would be a lot worse than they really are

Excellent :thumbsup:

hey Nate, welcome back. :)

Four posts in a row without calling anyone a moron. Is it just me or is notbob mellowing out in his old age ?

Not too mellow, but too tired to single out all the morons. The paperwork involved in the teacher education program is overwhelming. By the spring holiday he might be able to muster up enough energy to call out all the morons here. I, uhhhh, might avoid checking the boards during that break...

i thought the 6th graders would be a lot worse than they really are

I said about the same thing 18 years ago, only it was 9th graders, and student teaching was supposed to just be a brief footnote in my career as some sort of academic.

Still got the same gig...teaching 9th graders :thumbsup:

Though the Man still oppresses throughout the system, so be wary of the suits in administration and keep the peter principle in mind at all times.

Good to see you nate.

And Grab.

And ya know, all you guys posting on this thread. :happy:

i got my social studies praxis II back today (subject test) i needed a score of 153, i had 179. I am officially certifiable. big interview today, hopefully all goes well

Good luck, sir. Method's right - but make sure you bring some Glade with you

post-9-1172168509.gif