• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Print out this list:

1) Azureus

2) BitComet

3) BitTornado

4) Yet ABC

Then stick a pin in it and use the closest. You cant go wrong.

I mostly use Azureus, but you may prefer something lighter.

Honestly, I can't think of a better method than using a pin - they are all good and their respective users swear by them.

Edit: Or click here so save ink (or damaging your screen)

http://www.random.org/cgi-bin/randnum?num=...n=1&max=4&col=5

• 2 weeks later...

I've recently switched from BitTornado to BitComet but when I'm down-/uploading it seems to slow down everything that's network related. BitComet itself sometimes stops responding or at least becomes very laggy and sometimes I have to reset my router (Linksys Befsr41) to get connected again.

I've forwarded the correct port, increased Windows XP's half open connections from 10 to 100 and throttled my upload at 96KB/s (150 is my max).

What could be the reason for the laggy response and network slowdown? This even happens when I'm only up/downloading 2 torrents at a time and up/download speeds aren't even near my maximum bandwidth settings.

• 1 month later...

http://www.utorrent.com/

uTorrent V1.2 needs adding.

Simply an amazing client - best I have used by far.

I've yet to hear or see anyone say that say they will stick to their old client after trying uTorrent.

There is always a tradeoff between low resources and lots of functions - i.e. Azureus vs. Bitcomet/ABC. uTorrent is a lighter than any, but has all the functions you use with Azureus.

Uses Mainline DHT.

Only thing I miss from Azureus is the IP blocker. It is like a safety blanket to me.

It doesnt have a built in search or media library like some clients do. If you make good use of them, this may not be for you.

It is, regrettably, closed source.

EDIT: It does have a search feature - cant believe i missed it.

Spyware/adware/crapware/malware free

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

if this thread isn't out of date[there doesn't seem to have been a post in a while] you should also add bearshare.. and the limewire beta supports torrent files so that should be added

Edited by koh1v4

if this thread isn't out of date[there doesn't seem to have been a post in a while] you should also add bearshare.. and the limewire beta supports torrent files so that should be added

Thank you...and welcome to Beatking.

Miro, formerly the Democracy Video player, also handles torrents.