Ken

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
which client is the most memory & resources efficient? i'm currently using ABC, and it's a huge memory leech. it slows my comp quite substantially whenever i'm downloading files.

I like using Azureus; it only uses one Port. Also don't use common 2p2 ports, but use ports 49152 through 65535. Now some tracker sites will reject your connection if you’re using a common p2p port

I've been using Azureus for a very long time with out any problems, unless you have a corrupted java or O/S.

I do occasionally test other BT Clinets when new version come out, but Azureus still beats them all in my book. But my favorable version of Azureus is v2.1.0.4

Bitspirit is one that I do not like, and I don't get the speeds that I get with Azureus. There has been word that it sends out info to some unknown source, on what you are downloading, but I have not been able to confirm it.

And if you use ports 49152 through 65535, and not common p2p ports it will give you better speeds. (see pic)

torrent011.jpg

The fastest speed I've ever had on a single torrent D/L was 310kbps, but I commonly get 250 to 275kpbs

Sorry for not seeing your post p9939068.

You're probably long gone now, but anyway.

Welcome to BK datars!

Clearly a man who knows his stuff. Hang around :)

Thanks Malicious Intent, I will. This look like a good will keep up forum.

I'm just started seeding a DVD I rip on JFK called "JFK The Case For Conspiracy"

1.4 GB avi

Sorry for not seeing your post p9939068.

You're probably long gone now, but anyway.

Welcome to BK datars!

Clearly a man who knows his stuff. Hang around :)

I use ABC too and it does seem to slow my pc down...........which client does use less system resources?

Try using Azureus; it only uses one Port. That alone will help you. But you need to install Java first.

I'm just started seeding a DVD I rip on JFK called "JFK The Case For Conspiracy"

Lots of JFK conspiracy fans here. PM Shawn for a link to his assassination discovery

Lots of JFK conspiracy fans here. PM Shawn for a link to his assassination discovery

Sure I'll PM him.

There also is a series called "The Men Who Killed Kennedy" there you'll find almost all the info about the JFK assassination. You should be able to find then on p2p

These are the common file names are

The Men Who Killed Kennedy - [1 of 6] - The Coup d'Etat.avi

The Men Who Killed Kennedy - [2 of 6] - The Forces of Darkness.avi

The Men Who Killed Kennedy - [3 of 6] - The Cover Up.avi

The Men Who Killed Kennedy - [4 of 6] - The Patsy.avi

The Men Who Killed Kennedy - [5 of 6] - The Witnesses.avi

The Men Who Killed Kennedy - [6 of 6] - The Truth Shall Set You Free.avi

The Men Who Killed Kennedy - The Guilty Men (2003) LBJ et al.avi

Here's one to look for

Jean Hill - JFK assassination witness her last interview before her death.rm

Here's a Sample of the Video I Rip that I call the JFK Turkey Shoot

http://rapidshare.de/files/888496/The.Full.JFK.Turkey.Shoot._DVD-Rip__DataRS_.avi.html

• 1 month later...

Like Google, but for Filesharing:

Find torrents with Torrent Typhoon

Torrent Typhoon, a new BitTorrent search engine, lets you search several major BitTorrent sites in one place.

Read more here:

http://www.lifehacker.com/software/file-sh...hoon-101583.php

• 1 month later...

Well, the list format has changed, new clients have been added, a few URLs have been corrected or changed, and all version numbers have been updated.

Questions? Comments?

If anyone would like to read through it and point out any mistakes (from technical to grammatical), that would help me a lot.

I just added Arctic Torrent and Bits On Wheels (Mac client).

Arctic Torrent is written in C++. It consumes very little RAM and is all around solid. It's also pretty up-to-date and looks promising. You'll need Windows 2000 or higher to run it.

As for Bits On Wheels, I really don't know how I missed this one. It looks great. You'll need Mac OS 10.3 or higher (Panther and up including Tiger). Nothing less will do.

• 4 weeks later...

MLDonkey has released v2.6.0.

I've updated the BETA version number for Azureus.

XBT updated a few days ago to v0.6.0, but I failed to post about it.

There's probably a few other minor updates I forgot to mention.

Also, just to let everyone know, the BitTorrent plug-in for the eDonkey program has been abandoned by the original developer(s). It's no longer worthwhile to use.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to Beatking michaelrobot.

There is a lot of bad feeling haboured against eXeem. Not sure if you know the history, but exeem was founded/started/supported by a guy nick-named Sloncek. He was a hero in the BT community for his widly popular torrent site, but he tried to transfer his fan base to eXeem - which at that time was loaded with spyware. People didnt react too well.

The spyware has been removed now, but the fact that they tried it on says a lot.

I therefore wont be crying a river if ken decides not to include it :)