David Crosby busted (again)

David Crosby Arrested on Marijuana, Gun Charges

Saturday, March 06, 2004

NEW YORK — Musician David Crosby (search) was arrested on marijuana and gun possession charges early Saturday at a Times Square hotel, police said.

Crosby, 62, a two-time inductee to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (search), had checked out of the hotel but left a piece of luggage behind, police said.

A hotel worker found the bag and went through it looking for identification, and called police after finding marijuana, a .45-caliber handgun and two knives, authorities said.

Crosby was met by police when he returned to pick up the bag, investigators said.

Crosby, a founding member of both the Byrds and Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young (search), had been performing at the B.B. King Blues Club off Times Square and at Shea Auditorium in Wayne, N.J.

In 1985 he was convicted of drug possession in Dallas and spent a year in prison before his conviction was overturned on appeal.

Calls seeking comment from Crosby's management company were not immediately returned Saturday.

:rightonman: :rightonman: :rightonman:

Crosby Had Said He Was Through With Drugs

1 hour, 38 minutes ago

FREDERICK, Md. - Three weeks before he was arrested on marijuana and gun possession charges, singer David Crosby (news) told a newspaper he was through with drugs.

Crosby, who was to perform Friday in Frederick, told The Frederick News-Post in a mid-February interview that drugs were no longer a part of his life.

"I haven't been tempted by that stuff for 15 years. You get past it," he said.

The newspaper published the story Thursday.

Police say they found an ounce of marijuana, a .45-caliber handgun and a knife in a suitcase Crosby left in a New York hotel room. He was arrested Saturday when he returned to pick up the luggage.

"When I really got toasted toward the end of the hard drugs, it made me not want to write," he told the newspaper. "I wasted a lot of time when I could have been making music."

Crosby, 62, was a founding member of both The Byrds and Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young.

Meanwhile, refunds were being offered to fans who bought tickets to this Saturday's show at Monmouth University in West Long Branch, N.J.

Crosby, who is free on $3,500 bail, is to play Monmouth University's 700-seat Pollak Theatre.

The refund offer was posted on the university's Web site, although the reason wasn't stated.

Two telephone calls to his agent at the William Morris Agency were not returned.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...le_david_crosby

A hotel worker found the bag and went through it looking for identification, and called police after finding marijuana, a .45-caliber handgun and two knives, authorities said.

First of all, Why was the worker going through his bag?

And what an ass for turning it in to the police. He could have just kept the weed for himself and got wasted that evening.

First of all, Why was the worker going through his bag?

And what an ass for turning it in to the police. He could have just kept the weed for himself and got wasted that evening.

Looking for identifiacation.... sure. Did they not know who was checked into the room?

I agree the worker was being an ass... who cares if he smokes pot? It doesn't say if the 45 was loaded. If it wasn't I really don't see a problem with it either.

But he shouldn't have gotten stoned and forgot his bag...... :gigglin: