Bach Performed On A Guitar

DudeAsInCool

Well, I don't know much about those pop intruments, and the only guitar I'm familiar to is the classical guitar (modern, XIXe or even earlier ones) I even constructed few years ago, a copy of a XIX century one... but after all, the essentials, in playing Bach on any instrument, even if the original instruments or always preferable, the essential is to respect the text, AND respect the way to read it (since the signs of those days don't always have the same significations today) So, for what that recording is concerned, it stays rather close to Bach, and in that way, is rather good... I'm just asking myself a question, looking at that boy playing... what is he fiddling with his both hands on the fingerboard ?...

It looks like he is playing the top voice with the left hand, and the bottom part with the right one... but in this case, with what is he plucking the strings, for that he would need a complete hand, since there is quite a lot of notes, including simultaneous ones... added to that, I believe that the strings of those electric guitars are in metall, and rather thick, much harder than gut or even todays nylon, and I bet one needs a plectrum to pluck them, and a plectrum doesn't seem to be very favorable to polyphonic music...

unless, on those instruments, the sring would starts to emit a sound as soon as it is pressed on the fingerboard... true I never thought of that possibility, but it should be quite feasable with electronics......

I'm just asking myself a question, looking at that boy playing... what is he fiddling with his both hands on the fingerboard ?...

It looks like he is playing the top voice with the left hand, and the bottom part with the right one... but in this case, with what is he plucking the strings, for that he would need a complete hand, since there is quite a lot of notes, including simultaneous ones... added to that, I believe that the strings of those electric guitars are in metall, and rather thick, much harder than gut or even todays nylon, and I bet one needs a plectrum to pluck them, and a plectrum doesn't seem to be very favorable to polyphonic music...

unless, on those instruments, the sring would starts to emit a sound as soon as it is pressed on the fingerboard... true I never thought of that possibility, but it should be quite feasable with electronics......

Yes. The technique is called finger tapping