today i love

slum_goddess

a coupla years ago, i began a topic called 'today i love' and posted what was pleasing me that day. nobody fuckin' answered. the entire point was to get to know other people's loves and shit and get to know them better, at least online.

so here we go again...today i love NOT living in London and being away from the action. there's also another i'll post, for the same reasons above ('today i hate'), to try to get to know people better. jeez, this is supposed to be a community so let's get down and dirty and really get to know each other.

am i the only one who wants to share? no biggie, i'm always in the minority but topics like 'today i love' and 'today i hate' totally get people talking. that is, on other boards.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice idea SG. :D

Today I love...

The weather in New York today was like Spring..absolutely beautiful! I loved being outside, walking around and finding and buying 4 scented candles in the 99 Cent Store that cost $3.99 at another store in the neighborhood. :thumbsup:

I loved seeing the look on my son Conor's face as he walked in the door from school today! All flustered..girls are leaving notes in his desk and one girl in particular (Alex) has a crush on him. I told him to "get used to it". LOL

thank you, people! jeez louise, i left out the part about how this topic keeps going and going and going on other boards and permits others to come outta the woodwork, amazing!

anyway, today i totally love that my temp's gone down from 103 to about 100 and i feel a bit better.

I love how all the snow finally covered everything and I also like how the people fall on the icy sidewalks

i don't know what snow is anymore...none seen here in ages, just frost. bah.

Nice idea SG. :D

thank you, WF. i really miss the 99cent shops here...haven't found anything similar yet.

AND right after i posted the above, Rock Freebase phoned me up. i loooooove when he does that (first thing in the morning every day for months now but i NEVER get tired of it, lol)

post-168-1167991495.jpg

*sigh* hahahahahahaha...today i love that i don't have to go outside for at least two more days. i'm all stocked up here w/films and other things and i fucking love it. :)

70 F in january? someone tell preznit stumbley mcBruisey there's no such thing as global warming. but i'm pleased that you, WF are enjoying this.

today i totally love that i'm still sittin' on my ass here w/no responsibilities. i'm about to have toast and then ice cream for breakfast an then watch some fave films that Chris so kindly brought me back as DVDs from amazon US (much cheaper than amazon UK). it's almost like being a little kid again. oh. wait, lol.

today i totally love that there are 3 Showband gigs on three consecutive nights in London soon (and one's a special fundraiser:

as the 'bama boys help to raise cash for the charity Plane Stupid, who take direct action against airport expansion and climate-wrecking, unnecessary and unsustainable short haul flights. Part of a vibrant new grassroots movement tackling the root causes of carbon emissions, in their first year Plane Stupid have blockaded a runway, and shut down the headoffices of BAA and Easyjet... from here

whoo-hoooo! i am spoinging my ass off! :lol: :lol: :lol: 3 fucking days/nights of partying and dancing our asses off. :)

Today I love that I found a home for one of the kittens my daughter is taking care of. (A friend of her abandoned them.)

good on you, WF. about 'a friend of hers abandoned them' she would'nt be any fuckin' friend of mine anymore. just sayin'.

today i totally love the Royal Mail, bringing gifts and shit from friends all over the UK. (late but that's cool).

today and every day i totally love turning up my way cool and powerful speakers when the bastard yups upstairs actually have the balls to JUMP up and down when they hear my music. been living here for nigh on three years and there have been no complaints from any neighbors at all. the subwoofer's way powerful as well.

i begin my day w/the 1812 overture the second i hear them moving around upstairs. fuck 'em where they breathe...the utter nerve. they're more like amerikans than Brits, actually.

ps, Conor and Brendan are adorable. and the gifts weren't really 'gifts' of the illegal kind. just late xmas presents. just sayin', lol.

edit to say, i totally love RastaX for teaching me how to add friends and stuff. and for his dreads. *swoon* oopsy, quiet part out loud again. fukkit.

O method...they have the coolest toys out there these days...my God! I'd never leave the house if I was a kid. Got my son Conor a drum pad machine...too cool! A roll out keyboard...way cool! and THE coolest is the motorized scooter which I RIDE! :thumbsup: "Mom! Mooooooooooooommmmm!" LOLLLL

SG: you kill me! :lol: turn it up! I LOVE loud music too...it has to be very loud. :icon_mad:

I'd never leave the house if I was a kid.

i never leave the house anyway, not if i can help it. :lol:

SG: you kill me! :lol: turn it up! I LOVE loud music too...it has to be very loud. :icon_mad:

damn straight. i honestly can't believe the nerve of these assholes, especially since the landlord and the letting agent both assured us the flat was soundproof.

today i love that Jake, or D Wayne Love of Alabama 3, phoned me up outta nowhere and we talked for like over an hour. then he invited me to stay in London at his flat w/his GF on the last weekend of JAnuary when they're playing 3 nights in a row.

post-168-1168480066.jpg

Sounds like a blast SG...you're going right?

do you really have to ask? :lol: i wouldn't miss this for the world!

Today I love that we booked the studio for 6 hours Saturday night! Can't wait...I'm DYING to belt it out again. Besides my kids, it's the only true joy I get outta life...lol

good on you, WF. :wub: i'd love to hear your music but for some reason, when i click on what you've uploaded, it doesn't work for me. any chance of you sending me a CD you've burnt that works on a Mac? no worries if you can't.

today i totally love that last night after Chris was in the studio w/the band, they went out to this pub and (according to Chris) talked mostly about me, and my Uncle Jack who used to work for Lucky Luciano and the Jewish Mafia in the 1930s (the entire band's into US history, especially the criminal and/or outlaw kind). Luciano dubbed Uncle Jack 'Black Jake' which is D Wayne's real name backwards (Jake Black). i fuckin' love it. the txts and phonecalls were pouring in as i was dying of jealousy that i wasn't there in person w/them (but hid it well, i believe, and kept cracking jokes and shit).

today i love that i'm about to watch Citizen Kane for the millionth time, have lunch and then crash again. i LOVE HAVING NO RESPONSIBILITIES!