The Doors Open For Europe

The Doors, now featuring only two original members, will head back out on tour in June with dates announced for Europe.

Founding members Robbie Krieger and Ray Manzerek have topped up the line-up with former Cult frontman Ian Astbury replacing the dear departed Jim Morrison. On drums is session player Ty Dennis taking the place of Stewart Copeland (formerly of The Police) who was taking the place of John Densmore, who was dropped from the live line-up and has since sued the band. In fact, Copeland also took legal action against the group when he was dumped as well.

The Doors are working on a new studio album, their first 1972's Full Circle.

There will also be a DVD released soon, filmed last October in Houston, Texas. The show featured a complete performance of their LA Woman album. The original album was released in 1971, just weeks after the death of Jim Morrison.

The Doors 21 Century will play a couple of American shows later this month and the European tour follow in July.

Live dates for The Doors 21st Century are:

March 19 Chicago, IL Auditorium Theater

March 20 Minneapolis, Minn State-Orpheum Theater

July 7 Brussels, Belgium, Forest National

July 8 Weert, Holland, Bospop

July 10 London, U.K Wembley Arena

July 11 Manchester, U.K Evening News Arena

July 12 Dublin, Ireland, The Point

July 13 Glasgow, Scotland S.E.C.C.

July 17 Bonn, Germany. Museumsmeile

July 20 Warsaw, Poland, Torwar

you know...I guess it's ok...but ...maybe ...they shouldn't tour.

Many people would like to remember The Doors the way they were...not a caricature of themselves years later.

as 'Bones' used to say..."He's dead, Jim"

I wonder why they got rid of Stuart Copeland? He's a pretty good musician. His brother Miles used to own IRS records, and he managed the Police and Sting

Actually, he and Ray Manzarek formed the band at the UCLA Film School--Morrions sung and wrote the poetry, and manzcarek did the music. But I agree with what the image was... Hard to imagine the Doors without Morrison..

If they want to tour and cover doors songs then fine, go ahead, but not as the Doors, do it as a side project. There are a lot of bands that try and continue without a main member, and its just not a good idea (queen without freddie...)

They actually did try playing live as The Doors in the early '70's after they released a couple of Morrison-less recordings (one of these was mentioned in the original post) but decided back then that without JDM it was more of a seance than a Doors concert. I wonder what could have changed their minds at this late juncture.

Could it be, perhaps, maybe...Satan!?

or maybe Satan's little brother, $.

Either way, even in death Jim Morrison still looms larger than life over the rest of The Doors.

post-40-1078798033.jpg

i actually brought ray maczarek to ucla to perform alone once--it was a very nice performance. hey, if nothing else, you gotta hand it to guys who are 65 and still playing... I really dont think hes the kinda guy thats in it for the money--he still drives around in a vw beetle

I wouldnt say Im close pals, but ive been to his studio when hes recording. He's been to my office and for lunch a couple times.. He really is a poet--he could give a shit about money...whether we like his new stuff or not, hes sincere about what hes trying to do.

I have a special affection for the doors. When I was 15, I used to play The End over and over and over..well, you can guess what I was smoking...lol.

One of these days, Im gonna invite him here.. So people be nice... B)