NY Times On The Best Of The New Box Sets (2006)

DudeAsInCool

sorry, but i couldn't give a shit what the NYT thinks anymore, thanks to Judith Miller et al. they can ALL go fuck themselves as they're no longer 'the paper of record' AFAIC.

sorry, but i couldn't give a shit what the NYT thinks anymore, thanks to Judith Miller et al. they can ALL go fuck themselves as they're no longer 'the paper of record' AFAIC.

What does Judith Miller have to do with Frank Sinatra, Tom Waits, Buddy Guy or the Goth Scene????!!!! :lol:

What does Judith Miller have to do with Frank Sinatra, Tom Waits, Buddy Guy or the Goth Scene????!!!! :lol:

like i said, i couldn't care less what they think. i hope they go outta biz thanks to the internets, would serve them right.

like i said, i couldn't care less what they think. i hope they go outta biz thanks to the internets, would serve them right.

I posted this because I want people to know about the music and the artists - the fact that it was written by a NY Times guy is irrelevant - he has nothing to do with Judith Miller.

What do you think of the artists, and in particular, do people thing that these particular box sets are worthy. That is what I want to know

i would love to post an intelligent opinion but i won't go over there anymore. Punkt, Ende.

but YOU could do me a favor and copy their suggestions here. though i have a feeling that they're aimed for the mainstream.

i would love to post an intelligent opinion but i won't go over there anymore. Punkt, Ende.

but YOU could do me a favor and copy their suggestions here. though i have a feeling that they're aimed for the mainstream.

Here you go - I'd like some of these :)

Tom Waits: Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers and Bastards

Duke Ellington: The Complete 1936-1940 Variety, Vocalion and Okeh Small Group Sessions

A Life Less Lived: The Gothic Box - Rhino

The songs here are elegant (“Blood Bitch,” by Cocteau Twins), eerie (“Hamburger Lady,” a typically unsettling experiment by Throbbing Gristle) and occasionally playful (Alien Sex Fiend’s nine-minute dance track, “Now I’m Feeling Zombified”)

Tori Amos - A Piano: The Collection

John Coltrane - Fearless Leaders (6 CDs)

The Doors - Perception (6 CDs/6 DVDs) Rhino

Friends of Old Time Music - The Folk Arrival 1961-1965

The Harry Smith Project - Anthology of American Music Revisited

(1927-1934)The material gets another go-round from musicians including Beck, Elvis Costello, Wilco, Beth Orton and Steve Earle, recorded at concerts organized by the producer Hal Willner in 1999 and 2001. Whether the arrangements are folky (Geoff Muldaur) or swathed in noise (the avant-jazz trombonist Roswell Rudd with Sonic Youth)

Buddy Guy - Cant Quit The Blues

John Lee Hooker - Hooker

Bruce Hornsby - Intersections (1985-2005)

Michael Jackson - Visionary (The Video Singles)

Waylon Jennings - Nashville Rebel (1958-1994)

Gram Parsons - The Complete Reprise sessions

Andy Partridge (XTC's Lead Siinger)

Robert Plant - 9 Lives

Rockin' Bones - 1950s Punk and Rockabilly

Frank Sinatra - Vegas

Sonny Stit - The Bepop Recordings (1949-1952)

Tortoise (Chicago Instrumental Band)

Fats Waller - If You Got to Ask, You Ain’t Got It!

Weather Report - Forcast: Tomorrow (1971-1986)

Tony Joe White - Swamp Music: The Complete Monument (1968-1970) Wrote Rainy Night In Georgia; Smoke Salad Annie

thanks, Dude. but PEOPLE HAVE TO BE TOLD ABOUT THESE? oy... :wacko: