Whethan Drops Wildly Anticipated Debut Album ‘FANTASY’ [LISTEN]

NelsonG

The highly anticipated, genre-bending first album from Whethan is finally here, bringing his full musical vision to life with FANTASY.

Pop-rock and alternative trap lace the entire release, but every track brings a different, distinct vibe. Whethan has made it known from the jump he will never put himself into the box — we can always expect something fresh as he continues to progress electronic music forward with his crossovers.

Whethan shares of his release:

Fantasy is getting on a spaceship and teleporting anywhere your dreams can imagine. I wanted to make a project that was full of energy and artists that I’m inspired by. There was an underlying theme of alternative meets psychedelic dance music and I wanted to be able to blast every song at my shows or have it feel like you’re at a show when listening at home or in the car.

And on working with his dream collaborators:

I got to work with some of my favorite artists like RL Grime, Grouplove, The Wombats, bülow, and many more. I grew a lot while working on the album over the span of the last 3 years and you can hear it through the different styles and feelings on each track.

The collabs don’t stop there — he brought Oliver Tree out of retirement for one last track (one of our personal favorites on the album), and also tapped K.Flay, grandson, The Knocks, and more. His collaboration with RL Grime finishes off the release in grand, euphoric fashion (another favorite of ours).

Listen here and let us know which tracks hit best for you!

Whethan – Fantasy

This article was first published on Your EDM. Source: Whethan Drops Wildly Anticipated Debut Album ‘FANTASY’ [LISTEN]

View the full article