King Combs Flips A Wu-Tang Classic On New Single "Legacy"

Amber

It's a pretty bold move to rap over Wu-Tang's iconic "Triumph" beat but then again, King Combs is Diddy's son and he's a pretty bold guy himself.

He didn't do half bad either. On his latest single "Legacy" - which is dedicated to his late mother Kim Porter - the rapper opens up about dealing with loss and the pressure of being born into the Bad Boy empire. 

He comes out swinging with charisma and doesn't let up: "I made amends with my former finance advisors, I apologize."

The beat deserves bars and King Combs delivers with a classic NY spit through, no hook necessary. 

The accompanying video is a long take of the young rapper walking through a warehouse as he pays tribute to his mother and Colin Kaepernick and the BLM movement.

Check out "Legacy" below and share your thoughts with us in the comments.

Quotable Lyrics

Look like it's heaven but some sh*t is hell
I lost my moms last year, took the biggest L
Know her spirit got me evolving, I could feel it help
Separating my path with a different trail, I prevail
Anything just to see my favorite lady
Built for everything, know that's how my pops raised me

X2N9AyBKKd8

View the full article

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Our picks

• Wait, Burning Man is going online-only? What does that even look like?
      You could have been forgiven for missing the announcement that actual physical Burning Man has been canceled for this year, if not next. Firstly, the nonprofit Burning Man organization, known affectionately to insiders as the Borg, posted it after 5 p.m. PT Friday. That, even in the COVID-19 era, is the traditional time to push out news when you don't want much media attention. 
      But secondly, you may have missed its cancellation because the Borg is being careful not to use the C-word. The announcement was neutrally titled "The Burning Man Multiverse in 2020." Even as it offers refunds to early ticket buyers, considers layoffs and other belt-tightening measures, and can't even commit to a physical event in 2021, the Borg is making lemonade by focusing on an online-only version of Black Rock City this coming August.    Read more...
      More about Burning Man, Tech, Web Culture, and Live EventsView the full article
      • 0 replies
    • Post in What Are You Listening To?
      Post in What Are You Listening To?