What Happens to Your body if you stop smoking Right now?

method77

In 20 minutes your blood pressure will drop back down to normal.

In 8 hours the carbon monoxide (a toxic gas) levels in your blood stream will drop by half, and oxygen levels will return to normal.

In 48 hours your chance of having a heart attack will have decreased. All nicotine will have left your body. Your sense of taste and smell will return to a normal level.

In 72 hours your bronchial tubes will relax, and your energy levels will increase.

In 2 weeks your circulation will increase, and it will continue to improve for the next 10 weeks.

In three to nine months coughs, wheezing and breathing problems will dissipate as your lung capacity improves by 10%.

In 1 year your risk of having a heart attack will have dropped by half.

In 5 years your risk of having a stroke returns to that of a non-smoker.

In 10 years your risk of lung cancer will have returned to that of a non-smoker.

In 15 years your risk of heart attack will have returned to that of a non-smoker.

Source.

hmm...

Bloody propaganda; they don't even make reference to the positive aspects of smoking.

For instance how utterly cool I look standing outside shivering when it's 40 below.

We wanted to be popular so we started smoking

I love cigarettes

Cancer sticks are the best

Tobaccer is a magic weed

Its good fer you and good fer me.

I love cigarettes

Thinking of them makes me wet

I want a stick inside my mouth,

To suck it in and blow it out.

People say smoking is not OK,

But who cares what non-smokers thing anyway?

Doctors tell me that its bad for my lungs,

But fuck my lungs, I want them black and sexy!

© 2005 - 2006 Dan The Wank Experience

Well you wont get lung cancer until you are about 50 - so as long as you give up by 35....

I'm a non-smoker. Makes smoking weed more difficult as it can be rough on my throat. I tend to suck it through my hands, which isnt cool!

What kinda hand trick is that? :lol:

Recently i heard or read somewhere that something in pot smoke apparently prevents lung cancer. however, any reasonable person would still have to assume that other health related problems that accompany any smoke inhalation--e.g. emphysema, high blood pressure, etc would still be an issue.

I have smoked for a good portion of my adult life. Quit american cigs for the last time about 11 years back, pot 14 years back. But I starting smoking cloves about 15 years ago, they smell great, taste awesome...used to sit at the computer, wreathed in smoke, lighting up the Gudang Garams and lovin every drag...

But I quit smoking clove cigarettes two years and three months ago. I smoked until it was no longer feasible to continue... I really miss smoking... but my lungs/voice just couldn't do it any more.

But these things are the CATS ASS BABY!

syzy_14.jpg

We wanted to be popular so we started smoking

I love cigarettes

Cancer sticks are the best

Tobaccer is a magic weed

Its good fer you and good fer me.

I love cigarettes

Thinking of them makes me wet

I want a stick inside my mouth,

To suck it in and blow it out.

People say smoking is not OK,

But who cares what non-smokers thing anyway?

Doctors tell me that its bad for my lungs,

But fuck my lungs, I want them black and sexy!

© 2005 - 2006 Dan The Wank Experience

nice one dude....a suitable follow-up to "mr boo" i think....much better lyrics... :lol:

i'm prolly on my way to lung cancer or a heart attack but in truth, i smoke a lot and my blood pressure couldn't be lower (110 over 60, like it's always been).

what i can't stand is, the spliffs they roll here and in EU--mixed w/tobacco. i can't hold down that horrible tobacco smoke so i just pass up any offers and pull out my pipe.