HNHH & TuneCore Present "Heat Seekers" Artist Spotlight: 3Kxng

Amber

Last year, HNHH and TuneCore came together for an 11-week series in an effort to showcase some of the music industry's best up and coming talents. Since that time, the "Heat Seekers" contest has become quite popular on the website as numerous artists have submitted their music and have consequently been featured on our platform. With the conclusion of last year's contest, one artist was selected to join us at the HNHH studio for a private recording session with an established producer. This year, HNHH and TuneCore are picking up from where we left off except this time, the "Heat Seekers" contest will see 12 artists get featured over the next 12 months. If you think your artistry can make the "Heat Seekers" cut, you can submit your music to enter the contest, here.

For June's edition of the "Heat Seekers" contest, HNHH and TuneCore is proud to present Philly rapper 3Kxng. Born Khari Swedenburg, the 25-year-old 3Kxng was raised by his mom in Philadelphia, which is something that shaped the direction of his music. As 3Kxng told us, he loves to tell stories based on his life, so one can imagine his upbringing and experiences are a huge part of his subject matter. 3Kxng began to make his mark on the music industry back in 2019 when he dropped his debut project called "Trap Gospel." His ability to craft songs that were personal and honest led his peers in his neighborhood to label him as "The Hood Preacher." This momentum carried him forward into his latest effort "Forever Mob" which continues to draw praise from fans. 

To get a sense of 3Kxng and his music, check out the Q&A we did with him, below.

(HNHH) Where are you from? How has your home influenced your sound/style?

(3Kxng) I’m from the trenches of Philly! I would say it influences my style in a major way. I literally rap about what I been through for that day. 

Describe your sound in three words.

REATIVE. REAL. PAIN.

How old are you? Does age matter to music?

I’m 25. I feel like age does matter sometimes because its all current events. I’m going to speak on the current events surrounding me that maybe a 13-year-old or 45-year-old might not be able to relate to. I’ll say it depends on the situation.

What's the last album you listened to?

Lil Durk - Just Cause Yall Waited 2 

Name your top 3 biggest influences.

I ain’t really have influences. But I will say I ain’t never even think about doing music it was just always around me so i just sort of found my way with it.

Name your dream collaboration.

I gotta say WEEZY F! Anybody that knows me knows that.

If you could only listen to one album for the rest of your life, what would it be?

My shit, FOREVER MOB!! Perfect name and all.

What's your favorite hip-hop sub-genre at the moment?

Trap probably going to always be my favorite.

Be sure you go check out some of 3Kxng's music in the HNHH x TuneCore "Heat Seekers" playlist, below. Also, keep it locked to HNHH as we will be bringing you more TuneCore "Heat Seekers" winners, in the near future.

About TuneCore

Many independent artists wonder how to get their music on Spotify, Apple Music, TikTok, Tidal, and other stores. The reality is, you don’t have to be signed to a major label – all you need is a digital distributor.

We recommend using industry leader TuneCore if you’re looking for a trustworthy and transparent service. For an affordable fee, TuneCore will host your album or single on all the major stores and streaming platforms. You get to keep all your rights and 100% of the sales revenue.

l27_zyMq10A

View the full article