Mets' Noah Syndergaard Responds To Landlord Claiming He Won't Pay Rent

Amber

Mets Pitcher Noah Syndergaard has responded to a lawsuit from his landlord, claiming that he has refused to pay rent. The landlord is asking for $250,000 for breach of contract and fees.

Noah Syndergaard, Rent, LandlordRich Schultz / Getty Images

"So let me get this straight," Syndergaard wrote on social media. "I fairly, and in good faith offered to pay 2 months rent (over 50K) to a landlord for a place I was never going to step foot in due to a global pandemic that took a severe toll upon the residents of NYC, gave timely notice to attempt to try and re-rent, while getting TJ and now living in Florida for rehab, and the landlord tries to extort me for 250K while leaking this story to the media, and I'm the bad guy? Yeah, ok. See you in court pal."

Syndergaard never moved into his new three-bedroom apartment in Manhattan, after the MLB season was postponed due to the coronavirus outbreak. The lease is from March 20 to November 30 and the penthouse costs $27,000 per month.

"We strongly dispute the allegations made against our client and intend on defending him vigorously," Syndergaard's attorney, David Goldfischer, told the New York Daily News. "Noah is looking forward to his day in court and is currently focused on remaining safe and healthy during these trying times."

[Via]

f7wFmdj5UiI

View the full article

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now